• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

modding my PO

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
hello

the PO's are becoming my favorites reps and i'm still collecting more of them...so i decided to mod one of the cheaper asian models which is my daily beater.

i greased the Oring, fixed the heliumvalve with locktite (to prevent the possible loos of the crown) and also regulated the movement (this asian movements are keeping good time results).

since the stock lume is decent i decided to relume the dial and hands with a custom lume (which mixed it my self by adding different pigments).i know, the lume colour is not the same as the original one, but since i decided to relume the whole indexes to get bigger lume markers it would be in any way not "acurate" compared to the original one, but i dont care about it.

finally i reasembled the watch and pressure tested it to 6atm.

i'm happy with the results...i really like this watch.

ps: sorry for my bad english.

9.jpg

9-1.jpg

9-4.jpg

9-3.jpg

9-2.jpg

9-5.jpg

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
Nice lume job you have done there.
What did you use, because i remember a posting from you about the glow inc. powders.

Greetings Navi :wink:

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
NAVIGATER said:
Nice lume job you have done there.
What did you use, because i remember a posting from you about the glow inc. powders.

it's superluminova mixed with pigments from readysetglow...

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
this is a good example of a member with low post count which would make him look like a noob but considering his smarts about disaasembling a watch and luming, this is NOT a noob.

I officially declare you a NON NOOB NOOBISH EXPERT WIS

:wink:

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
paneraifreak said:
this is a good example of a member with low post count which would make him look like a noob but considering his smarts about disaasembling a watch and luming, this is NOT a noob.

I officially declare you a NON NOOB NOOBISH EXPERT WIS

:wink:

thank you for your kind words...

my english is really poor, so i'm probably not a very active poster, but i like this place and i'm of course reading a lot here.

i will try to contribute the best i can...

here are some pictures of the reasembled watch...ha, ha...i forgot to relume the pearl on the bezel (will do it soon).

9-12.jpg

9-11.jpg

9-10.jpg

9-9.jpg

9-8.jpg

9-7.jpg

9-6.jpg

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
Where are you i would send my watches to you for a relume job in a second.
Just give me a PM for something like that

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
NAVIGATER said:

thank you, you are gentle.
i'm living in spain...but i'm only a modest watch collector who likes to mod my watches by my self (not a professional watchmaker).

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
fleed said:
NAVIGATER said:

i'm living in spain...but i'm only a modest watch collector who likes to mod my watches by my self (not a professional watchmaker).

OK you are not a "PRO" but your results a pretty close to a "PRO"

I am leaving Belgium this night to Spain for some holidays i will go to Marbella, but i will give you a PM after that if you are interested in doing some lume job fore some exta $$

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
NAVIGATER said:
fleed said:
NAVIGATER said:

OK you are not a "PRO" but your results a pretty close to a "PRO"

I am leaving Belgium this night to Spain for some holidays i will go to Marbella, but i will give you a PM after that if you are interested in doing some lume job fore some exta $$

marbella...great...you will love it!

of course i can relume your watch, if you want...it's a pleasure to contribute thi this forum.

have nice hollidays.

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
Thank you for the nice post.

When I waterproofed my PO I noticed that I could not take off the HE crown to ensure it had a gasket but I read so many have lost thiers. I also noticed that the gasket for the back case was really close to the same diameter as the case back itself. In other words the case back almost didn't cover the whole diameter of the oring. Is this correct? I have an Asian version with long hands.

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
evildee said:
How did you do the hands? By going over the old lume? Thanks.

hello

no, i removed the old lume first and than aplied it from the backside of the hands..like the original lume.

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
Ferrariman said:
Thank you for the nice post.

When I waterproofed my PO I noticed that I could not take off the HE crown to ensure it had a gasket but I read so many have lost thiers. I also noticed that the gasket for the back case was really close to the same diameter as the case back itself. In other words the case back almost didn't cover the whole diameter of the oring. Is this correct? I have an Asian version with long hands.

this is how the caseback and the oring looks like on the ultimate PO asian...the caseback does cover the gasket perfect.

27-8.jpg

27-9.jpg

27-11.jpg

the HE-valve is fixed wit a screw from the innerside of the watchcase, the gasket is in the HE-crown.

E J

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/06
WOW Great Job!!!!

I am about to do mod my PO too, great tips!

Is ReadySetGlow better than Glow Inc? Which one would you recommend?

I am not trying to be picky but why didn't you relume the pearl too?

Looks great thanks for the post!

EJ

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
WOW Great Job!!!!

I am about to do mod my PO too, great tips!

Is ReadySetGlow better than Glow Inc? Which one would you recommend?

They seems to be the same company, but sometimes they have different quality on theyr lume.

I am not trying to be picky but why didn't you relume the pearl too?

i simply forgot to relume it...but i will do it. ; )

Looks great thanks for the post!

thank you

Hyster

29/7/06
Good thread Fleed, I look forward to seeing more of you work in future.

Well done Sir, Good stuff.