• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 Replacement Help

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Hello dear friends,

I damaged my 44500v movement while trying to service it, then i bought a gen Miyota 9015 replacement.
For my wonder, apparently the "modified" part is really modified because they dont look the same in any way. The size is different, the dial side is different, wheel date, etc.
Cant even use the decorated rotor on it.

Does any one have an idea which movement should i get, in terms of size, wheel date, etc?
My idea was to replace the base movement, add the decorated engraved bridges on top, replace the rotor for the gold one.
I'm ok if i cant do that. Just need a movemet with similar size to fit the wheel date properly on the dial.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

Thank you in advance

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
If it is a ZF watch, ZF has modified the 9015 into a totally unique (and possibly useless movement). If it is anything like their latest PP Aquanaut, those mods include the shaving of the mainplate's integrated dial spacer to accommodate their very good date-wheel with correct font which also threw a wrench into what should had been a straight swap.

Your only choice would be to salvage the one you're servicing. I couldn't. I had to buy another watch.

Reactions: ward1991 and RDRoss

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
If it is a ZF watch, ZF has modified the 9015 into a totally unique (and possibly useless movement). If it is anything like their latest PP Aquanaut, those mods include the shaving of the mainplate's integrated dial spacer to accommodate their very good date-wheel with correct font which also threw a wrench into what should had been a straight swap.

Your only choice would be to salvage the one you're servicing. I couldn't. I had to buy another watch.
Indeed it is a ZF one. Meh.. I'll buy just clones from now on.
These "modified" ones are a real pain to work with.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Indeed it is a ZF one. Meh.. I'll buy just clones from now on.
These "modified" ones are a real pain to work with.
I sadly had to do the same. I sold the second ZF I got, this one they had totally changed the position of the balance wheel to match the gen PP movement, making the watch run like shit.

I went with the 3KF clone and did not regret it.

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
If you really like the watch and want to try to salvage it, I believe Andrew at trusty time / parts may be able to get you a replacement zf movement. I just don’t know if it would be worth the $$$$.

Reactions: mclarendude

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
If you really like the watch and want to try to salvage it, I believe Andrew at trusty time / parts may be able to get you a replacement zf movement. I just don’t know if it would be worth the $$$$.
Yeah, exactly what i was thinking.
I asked one from Jtime. Lets see how much it costs.
If he cant help i'll ask Andrew. (y)

Meanwhile i can fit it with a Miyota 2405 :ROFLMAO: I'm sure it will look goofy with a open case back Quartz.

• Haha

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Oh wait.. i might as well get the whole watch for $198
o_O
Yes, basically. I personally do not enjoy the 82xx Miyota movements because they don't hack and the second hand is a bit jerky at times, the latter is a hit and miss.

Whybother

Horology Curious
11/1/22
Atlanta GA
@mclarendude Sorry to read that, which watch/factory and when did you buy it please?

I am having issue with an AP ROO 39mm ZF, it seems like there is a ring located around the rotor that came loose on my watch..

After researching a little it seems to be what they sold as the A2121 but really is a Miyota 9015, not sure if that is serviceable or even worth it as I read most likely a custom movement might not be serviced by watch smiths.

Good luck with your swap if you do it.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yes, basically. I personally do not enjoy the 82xx Miyota movements because they don't hack and the second hand is a bit jerky at times, the latter is a hit and miss.
Actually newer ones does hack.

"Miyota only began equipping this family of movements with a stop seconds device between 2018-2019 – and even then, not all of the calibers were included in the upgrade. Now, the current catalog of Standard Automatics (aka 82XX) have a stop seconds device. It’s important to note that here are still a lot of 8205 watches out there without hacking. In conclusion, if your 8205 watch hacks or doesn’t hack, it doesn’t mean it’s broken, it just means the movement in your watch was produced before or after hacking was introduced to the series."

Citizen used it in newer versions of the tsuyosa series:

It's the 8210 not 8215 but well seems like they updated all movements of the 82XX series.

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Update:
So, after two months waiting for a new movement, i finnaly got it.
Happy little me, replaces the date wheel, the crown, install the dial... lovely.

But this damn thing is cursed!
Now, it stops every couple of minutes.
Only if i pull out the crown, and fiddle with the date or the time, when i click it back in (after hacking seconds) sometimes it starts. Sometimes takes 3 or 4 tries. But then it stops again after a bit.
Researched online and found some peeps that also need a tiny jerk to make it out. The thing is that it only lasts 2 or 3 mins...
When it runs, runs smoothly with 0.1 Beat error and -1 -2 secs / day.

Any ideas?
The date part is not the issue for sure, because i took out everything and it still doesnt work.
I'm thinking about reinstalling and lubing the keyless works.

Any help would be much appreciated!