• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Missing clasp

gapple

I bought a AP RO in two tone and received it without a clasp.

photo-1.jpg

Emailed Hont and he apologized and said he would airmail one to me.

Its been a couple of weeks and no clasp.

Donno whats worse, to wait a month for a watch or to get it without a clasp.

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
if you really want your rep to look gen use some electrical tape. lol, damn that does suck, first the anticipation and then you get the box in the mail and get exited.Then find no clasp...hurting..

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Haha never heard of this before...

D

d4m.test

I sent an email and have not even received a reply... And here I thought that once I became a mod I would have magical powers...
Oh well, I sure hope this gets taken care of!

butch6393

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/09
WTF!!!??? Since this is the "bash hont" post, I'll jump on the bandwagon. I emailed HONT twice last week about ordering a watch and still no resonse! Oh well... precious time responded in about 5 minutes......BOOYAH HONT

4square

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/08
Donno whats worse, to wait a month for a watch or to get it without a clasp.[/quote]

I've got your answer: Wait 3 months and still NO WATCH!

I hope your problem is resolved quicker than mine.

Seems our trusted dealers are snoozing lately :x

edit: Hmm, let me clarify this.. HONT is not the dealer that I'm waiting on. I have always received quick service from him.

D

d4m.test

It is not, and will not be allowed to become a "Bash Hont" post... so far it is a thread discussing a really bad example of how to handle a shipment.
Im sure that Hont has a good explanation... its just a matter of him letting us know what it is and taking care of it.
T

Renowned Member
30/3/09
I'll stick up for Hont here. Although my last two watches from him have had minor issues he is not the manufacturer just an agent. I get better service from him over the net than I do when I walk into a jewellers to buy a $250 dollar watch. Yes he has stuffed up this time but I suspect he has become very very busy lately and he will rectify the situation. He has a good reputation on this forum and as a purchaser of only a few watches I still trust him. whilst sending a watch without clasp is inexcusable we all make mistakes and over look things when we are busy. Give him a chance.

Compare your experience to this........
A friend of mine purchased a gen TAG and went swimming in it. The watch leaked water even though he had screwed the crown in. He took it back to the AD where he bought his watch. 6 weeks later he gets the watch back- the hands on the chronos don't work and are flap around. They say its because he didn't screw the crown in tight enough, so its not covered by warranty. The watch looks worse than a $20 Bali special. Its now been 4 months and the issue is still not resolved. They said to him last time he was in the shop "if you want to buy another TAG we'll knock $500 off for you."
Thats what I call getting shafted and a reason why I won't buy a gen. So if thats how an AD treats his customers I think most will agree that we get better service here from our dealers, HONT included.
cheers 747

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Four months? I say we get together and put a hit on the on the CEO of the company. At the very least pay him a visit.

gapple

I did not mean to slam Hont. He has been very good with communication. When I told him I got the watch without a clasp, he responded immediately and was very apologetic.

I would buy from him again in a minute. I probably will soon. The problem is he sent it airmail.

I'm bitching here, because I have nowhere else to bitch. If I tell my wife, she will have no pity for me. She will say something about "use one of your other watches". Then I will say something about her collection of shoes, and the whole thing will go downhill from there.

The cool thing is I now I look forward to the mail run every day. The mail will arrive in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Maybe today........

D

d4m.test

P, that was a funny post... I recall (vaguely) having to be concerned about what a wife thought about my collections... It seems like SO long ago!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Dude if this hadn't happened we never would have been blessed with this beautiful picture.

photo2.jpg

aatje

Horology Curious
13/8/09
I love the comment about the wifey's shoes!!!!!! Whahahahaaaaa :p