• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Misrepresentation of a watch

Dewey Dog

19/6/08
Not to threadcrap but what is up with the left to right length of the dialogue typed in? Reading page 2 of this thread was an exercise in aggravation from scrolling all the way to the right than left, than up, then down and then right/ left again and typing this post was just as bad.

BTW, GO REDSKINS!!!

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I would like to personally thank By-tor for A - providing an extensive analysis of the differences and B - posting this thread in the proper place....

Thanks...

The admin team will take action on this and other listings... please give us a day or two to approach the dealer and discuss...

JohnnySac

10/9/06
fakemaster said:
I so saw this coming.

GoatDweller said:
I'm glad a prominent reviewer has taken a stance on this issue...
I was going to pull the trigger until I looked closely...It doesn't even "look" the same...

Either way, this dealer has some esplaining to do....

IF he knew it wasn't the same watch (look at the circa 2002 date font) what does this say about his integrity?
IF he didn't know it wasn't the same watch.....What does that say about the QC?

I'm battling my deductive logic and common sense trying to see how this in any way could be innocent?

Taking a stance? I did that four months ago on the GMT CHS ad.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=43887

I guess I'm not that prominent. Point is intentional or not it's not new. I don't have anything against T4D and it probably is a mistake. But you guys have got to look at this the right way. When the Jandrew thing happened you could have pushed for either low prices or better QC. You pushed for lower prices. You have what you asked for and when you're dealing with a high volume low price scenario this is one of the issues that will arise. So before this turns into a 60 page b**ch thread let's give T4D time to respond. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

I'm a simple guy Fake...
That said I truly believe in Occam's Razor.

Everyone and their mother wants lower prices!
Due to the fact we all want lower prices (or bargain based values) means we will have cheaper alternatives, not grossly exaggerated points of sale in order to sell...

You're completely right Fake. It "is" possible this was a mis-take. -Although I must say it looks pretty bad for the dealer.
A noob makes this kind of mistake, right? A dealer? Then again I see what you're saying....

I see 1:1 (one to one) reps being listed that cannot be 1:1 persay but this is clearly semantics.
Surely someone selling reps saying it's just like the original can't be taken seriously at that claim can they?

When it comes to prices you usually get what you pay for...
Opinions are those that make threads 60 page+ Bitch fests as you said...

What I said isn't opinion brotha.
When you, or anyone sells a product and make claims. You have to follow through with those claims.
Now, am I deliberately saying this is what T4D did----------NO! Certainly not...

What I am doing is raising awareness.
What puzzles me is the timeliness of the retort I've yet to see....

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08
Oops looks like I also fell for an "inferior" version, not quite as bad (22 has been fixed at least), but not great all the same, I got it from http://tinyurl.com/8uph6z

What got me concerned at first was the color of the GMT hand, too "grass green", looks like it had other problems too...oh well, par for the course...

P1070745.JPG

As a side note the picture on their site shows the old "crooked" version.

3.jpg