• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minuteman watches update 7/31!

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Update on our Minuteman watches. 7/31

When I asked if our main supplier/wrangler had shipped 6 of our movements to check before final payment. I had a surprise. They said well if we wait a few days we can just ship those with samples of your dials, case, case back, crown, etc everything it seems but the hands and glass. Which was a pleasant surprise. =)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Cool! Good to hear mate. Not long now then.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Well I do expect when we get the samples we will have to do is have some adjustments made. I am going to have the guys at the shop building the watches look all of it over and see if they see an issue from the manufacturing side as well. If we had the glass and hands I would have them build out one.

On the hands they are saying 60 days for a sample. Which we are really not happy about. But they were ordered last as they were quite a challenge so I guess this is to be expected. Also as it's not an off the shelf design.

So my guess is the part we will be waiting on in the end will likely be the hands. I have kept the pressure on in general which seems to speed delivery times. =)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sorry folks somehow instead of quoting and posting a follow up I managed to edit Trailboss's post. =(

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Cool! Good to hear mate. Not long now then.

Oh there will be something for sure. This stuff is never right first time around.
As for crystal and hands, grab a few mineral glass crystals from the likes of Esslinger and the closest set of hands they have to what you are ordering, that way at least you can mock something up for yourself to look at.