• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minuteman our thinking for the brand.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
The idea of our brand. Is to build an American brand that provides work to Americans.

As well as generate funds to donate to veterans and their families.

The thinking is that over time we will be able to donate much more than we may otherwise have been able to do. With a single fund raising effort. The bigger the brand, the more we can sell, and donate.

I believe from the start given the volume we need to sell. That we will be able to generate more funds to donate than if we had done some sort of strictly fund raising type effort.

I suppose in a way one might consider this to be a sustainable effort.

My hope is others will expand on our idea and create brands etc that do very much the same sort of thing.

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
I recognize that name heh

I think we are even friends on Facebook

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
From the total cost of a watch, what's the parentage donated to the vets?

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Ok about the amount being donated. First up I want to say this.

The idea of our brand. Is to build an American brand that provides work to Americans.

As well as generate funds to donate to veterans and their families.

The thinking is that over time we will be able to donate much more than we may otherwise have been able to do. With a single fund raising effort. The bigger the brand, the more we can sell, and donate.

I believe from the start given the volume we need to sell. That we will be able to generate more funds to donate than if we had done some sort of strictly fund raising type effort.

I suppose in a way one might consider this to be a sustainable effort.

My hope is others will expand on our idea and create brands etc that do very much the same sort of thing.

Having said that.

On this 1st production run given all the start-up costs etc. We are donating at least 10% of the net profit for each watch sold to The Gary Sinise Foundation.

He have asked specifically that those funds go for this effort Building for America's Bravest.org

If you don't like our effort in the very least I at least urge you to consider making a donation on your own to that effort.

What I would love to do is sell 500 watches this year and donate 20% or more of the profit.

My guess is that we will be lucky to sell 250 of these watches this year. Things are really tight for a whole lot of people in the world today. I do have a day job in the automotive retail sector. I see the very same thing there.