• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini review - Tag Heuer Ladies Formula 1

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Posted these pics in a reply to another thread here but figured that since there seems to be a lack of reviews for ladies reps, it couldn't hurt to post up a thread here as well.

The Tag Heuer Formula 1 for the ladies is a nice looking watch. I just got this one for the wifey along with a Tag Link. She seems to take a liking to this one more than the Link (maybe because i couldn't get a bloody jeweller to adjust the bracelet for me)

anyway here's some pics of her watch. sorry no time to edit the pics atm so they're straight from the camera.

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

i can't really vouch for the accuracy of the rep but at a glance it seems fairly accurate. even the leather strap has texture. a few things worth mentioning:

- my wife has small wrists so we had to punch an extra hole into the strap which is why the strap looks a bit chewed up
- i don't think the buckle is very accurate with the way 'Tag' and 'Heuer' are imprinted
- in the 5th picture, you can see the leather 'ring' is stitched together.
- also, you can't really pick it up from the pics, but the 'O' in the word 'Professional' is a bit faded. minor quirk but could annoy if ur pedantic. (possible QC issue)
- look at the little yellow square marker above the stick marker for the '10 hour' - half the square is missing and looks 'scratched' off. again barely noticeable and most likely another QC issue.

other than that, pretty good rep. the wife loves it. wore it out for dinner and got a few nice comments :)

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
Thanks for the review.

I was just wondering when you state that the back is a sticker and not an engraving. Most watches have a protective clear sticker, some with a red line or something to indicate it should be removed.

Perhaps in this case there is no indication and it is just a clear sticker that is covering the case back. It looks like there is at least some etching under the plastic. Maybe I am wrong.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
hahahha you're totally right!

threw me off with the lack of a red line or something but yes. its just the protective plastic over the caseback!

*how embarassing*

jnkay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/06
Thanks for the review. I've been considering one of these for my wife, and your's is the only review I know of (mini or not). Appreciate it!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank's for the review mate, well done too.

Most watches have a protective clear sticker, some with a red line or something to indicate it should be removed.
Nope, that is not the purpose of the Thin Red Line.

Col.

Fauxlex

2/7/08
I like that more than the men's F1. I wouldn't wear it, but my wife might like it. Thanks for the pics and the review! :D

BEAU

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/10
OH! MY!!
That's really pretty!

Garykane

Horology Curious
31/7/13
I just ordered 1 for the missus from angus at puretime and so far the communication has been excellent! Was a wee dubious payin for it by card etc and not paypal but i will post pics as soon as it arrives! All the qc pics looked great (in my eyes) i went for the black ceramic with the bracelet! Cant wait to see it.. Its a present so she knows nothin about it..

steven1986

21/3/15
Thanks for the review. My gf looking for something similar to this

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
My wife has a white ceramic bracelet version which looks very close to gen. She wears it all the time and still looks good after two years so don't think you guys will have any problems.

najibs

27/6/10
Im an F1 fan, but my wife hates wearing watches :lol: