• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

Rol.exe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
New Zealand
I’m beginning to think rol.exe has a bit of a crush on you :para:

I wouldn't go quite that far... yet!

As a new guy on here, I definitely appreciate kennygconspiracy's kindness and respect he shows all members. I've read a lot of his posts, and have learned a lot from him. 50%+ of the posts I write are probably things I have learned from his, so I definitely hold him in high regard.

While almost every member on here has contributed to my understanding and appreciation of reps, there are some whose posts regularly stand out.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I wouldn't go quite that far... yet!

As a new guy on here, I definitely appreciate kennygconspiracy's kindness and respect he shows all members. I've read a lot of his posts, and have learned a lot from him. 50%+ of the posts I write are probably things I have learned from his, so I definitely hold him in high regard.

While almost every member on here has contributed to my understanding and appreciation of reps, there are some whose posts regularly stand out.

I agree buddy, Kenny is the shit, and I’m just busting your balls. I always have respect for the people that contribute, write reviews and help other members out :)

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Fantastic review, thanks for that.

I think you summed up most essentials and more in your mini review. Concisely and on point.

I did not see any picture of the glidelock that you mention, but I am nevertheless very content with both pictures and information provided. However, your close-up pictures of the crown and tube does play some tricks with my sight. Is the crown and tube greased up or just something else?

I saw you mention that the watch was completely dry and wiped in post #14, but I could not figure out if it's my sight, monitor or actually something there.

Your insights, and visuals of the rehaut, have made me reconsider this version of Submariner.

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Fantastic review, thanks for that.

I think you summed up most essentials and more in your mini review. Concisely and on point.

I did not see any picture of the glidelock that you mention, but I am nevertheless very content with both pictures and information provided. However, your close-up pictures of the crown and tube does play some tricks with my sight. Is the crown and tube greased up or just something else?

I saw you mention that the watch was completely dry and wiped in post #14, but I could not figure out if it's my sight, monitor or actually something there.

Your insights, and visuals of the rehaut, have made me reconsider this version of Submariner.
Thanks mate!

As for your comments,

1) Aye, I greased the gaskets and tubing, so that was visible on the photos

2) Photos were from multiple days, so on one of the days I had conditioned the case and bracelet with a blende, so there was probably some residual sheen :)

Thank you again for reading and your input. I'll be doing the VSF LV next as soon as I get it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What I actually want to know about these rxf vs watches is-
is the insert platinum pvd coated, because getting the low light colour right means nothing if its just painted and will chip and flake over time. So far I've only seen actual info from clean and noob stating no fading or chipping guaranteed. If the vsf has this then its a winner

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
What I actually want to know about these rxf vs watches is-
is the insert platinum pvd coated, because getting the low light colour right means nothing if its just painted and will chip and flake over time. So far I've only seen actual info from clean and noob stating no fading or chipping guaranteed. If the vsf has this then its a winner

From trustytime's thread.
"RXF says that they use real platinum coating, and long experience of ceramic production, to produce the ceramic bezel for the Submariner, achieving quality closest to the genuine."
The best black insert to date. This is pure 1:1 genlike. Loveit. The only thing i dont like is the bracelet quality, but has nice edged like arf. :)

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Hi guys,

got my RXF today and here are my impressions.
I can compare with a gen 116610LV, Noob V5, V8S, V10, ARF V3.

+ Dial is the best I have seen till now
+ Crown position (2824/2836)
+ Case dimensions closest to gen
+ Crystal

- Bracelet needs oil bath for sure
- Crystal position is off on my watch
- Clasp is not state of the art (ARF V3 is better)
- Becel click sounds cheap (ARF V3 is better)
- Becel looks better on my ARF V3

What I will do:
ARF Bezel with ARF click springs
Gen crystal
Perhaps ARF clasp
Swiss ETA 2824

Please note that the differences between the top models are minor but to get close to gen you still have to mod or go franken.
I can‘t compare to ZZF but I think they are all close together but I think the RXF was a little bit hyped before release.

Here are some pictures

[/url

[url=https://clickpix.org/image/ZjO5b2]

[/url

[url=https://clickpix.org/image/ZjOiR3]

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
If I was going to put a gen crystal on this watch, I probably wouldn’t use the RXF as a base. But that’s just me. I think the other offerings would make more sense imo.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
But I think the RXF case ist the closest in dimensions compared to gen (2824 movement)
I measured the lugs, thickness, diameter and so on and its the closest to gen of all my reps I have. here at the moment.
Date wheel is acceptable in my opinion.

Which 2824 base would you take to go franken?

Reactions: GingerBubba

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
I don’t favor any particular movement if I’m looking for the a base to franken. I’m always going to chose the best case regardless of the movement. I can understand the appeal if you’re deadset on the 2824. The rehaut on this base a dealbreaker for me.

I love the rep as a ootb slap it on the wrist and call it a day rep since there aren’t anything glaring at first sight. It does some wonderful things for the value and I can understand why people are excited for an option like this. I would have no problems wearing this rep as a daily beater.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Ii am with you!
For me the most weak part on every rep is the crystal, you need no side by side comparison and no magnifying glass to see that it is a fake watch.
For other details you need a side by side comparison and a magnifying glass to spot a rep.
The dimensions on the RXF are unnoticeable close to gen and with a gen crystal and swiss ETA I think it is a really perfect clone.

Reactions: emdeevee

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Is there any chance we have some side by side pics of the RXF and the Gen LV with a view to highlighting the crystal differences in particular please? I find it slightly surprising that RXF markets itself, in part, because of it's supposedly superior crystal, yet it's one of the first things you would change - I'm hoping you can show why? Pretty please!

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
But I think the RXF case ist the closest in dimensions compared to gen (2824 movement)
I measured the lugs, thickness, diameter and so on and its the closest to gen of all my reps I have. here at the moment.
Date wheel is acceptable in my opinion.

Which 2824 base would you take to go franken?

Can u only understand its a rep from the cyclops or the whole crystal? Do u think going no date in a sub would be safe for cyclops problems or even in no dates fake crystals are a problem?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Any blind can see the difference!

Thanks very taking the time, but is there any chance of a side by side shot? In fact, even better would be the same angle photos taken one immediately after the other in the same light - because to me, that's how the RXF looks, that same black hole effect.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Thanks very taking the time, but is there any chance of a side by side shot? In fact, even better would be the same angle photos taken one immediately after the other in the same light - because to me, that's how the RXF looks, that same black hole effect.

+ 1

Please try to make a side by side shot or try to recreate the black hole with both gen and rxf under the same light!!

mariot

22/2/19
I think crystal is still far away from gen

Last edited: