• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milk 1675 build and delayed post.

josh676

4/8/14
Hobart Tasmania
In February I started a couple of 1675 builds, was hoping to have them done by maybe mid April. Anyway, long story short movements took a month to source due to the virus, and then took from the 12th of march until today to arrive.

I'm very very happy to finally have all the parts, and I'll keep you all posted how the build goes. I'll be interested to see how the movements run out of the box, and how they go once my watchmaker has serviced them.

The case is a Milk case, bezel set etc, the dial is from Ruby.

Hopefully those with stuff in post limbo will take some solace from stuff getting through!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks great bro. Where are the hands and datewheels from, and why did you get two different crystals?

Reactions: josh676

josh676

4/8/14
Hobart Tasmania
Looks great bro. Where are the hands and datewheels from, and why did you get two different crystals?

I have 8 crystals, 4 116 and 4 117, couldn't remember which was which, so I put one of each in the photo.

Hands are from the Bay, same with the date wheel (Riyi or something? They are highly regarded for the open 6 and 9)

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Have you tried getting the insert to fit? I’ve been sanding for the last 30 minutes and just realised I might have oversanded and now it doesn’t click into place :( let me know how that goes!

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Have you tried getting the insert to fit? I’ve been sanding for the last 30 minutes and just realised I might have oversanded and now it doesn’t click into place :( let me know how that goes!

I slightly over-sanded mine as well. I few drops of GS Hypo cement will work. I have put several inserts in with it and they stay in place...plus, easy to remove again if necessary, just use a heat gun or blow dryer.

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
I slightly over-sanded mine as well. I few drops of GS Hypo cement will work. I have put several inserts in with it and they stay in place...plus, easy to remove again if necessary, just use a heat gun or blow dryer.

I didn’t sand the bottom of the insert tho. So my inserts sort of sits high and above the actual bezel itself. Think it’s worth sanding it down? tho I am using mobile phone double sided tape to hold the insert in place. I should definitely get the hypo cement that everybody’s on about.

LEBLANC

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/3/17
In February I started a couple of 1675 builds, was hoping to have them done by maybe mid April. Anyway, long story short movements took a month to source due to the virus, and then took from the 12th of march until today to arrive.

I'm very very happy to finally have all the parts, and I'll keep you all posted how the build goes. I'll be interested to see how the movements run out of the box, and how they go once my watchmaker has serviced them.

The case is a Milk case, bezel set etc, the dial is from Ruby.

Hopefully those with stuff in post limbo will take some solace from stuff getting through!

Hey there,

how the build is going? :)

Reactions: josh676

Mbari

7/1/13
Subscribed. I'm building the same. Except I am trying to fit a dg3804b. Anyone have any experience fitting a dg gmt instead of 2836? Will it require a customer movement ring?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
nice...still working on mine as well...I went ETA 2846, then the balance was shot...ordered another, but it ticks 28, 800 instead of 21,600...so...found another 2846 NOS. Cleaned and serviced today, and then I ruined 2 DWO's (a little too much epoxy)...that was expensive....but should be able to set the hands this weekend!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Subscribed. I'm building the same. Except I am trying to fit a dg3804b. Anyone have any experience fitting a dg gmt instead of 2836? Will it require a customer movement ring?
I think there’s a general requirement for a custom movement ring, IIRC. There’s a variety of options discussed in a big ol’ Milk based build thread here which might be of interest.

Reactions: stufuse and deadpan