• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mile Miglia GT XL Chrono SS Black A07.211 Latest version micro review

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Well guys, seems I am the first to take the plunge, so below is latest version of the black faced GTXL chrono.

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=10586

I chose this after rejecting a couple of BP subs, as they were below par.

I had wanted one for a while, but seems that the A07.211 version was out of stock at most dealers.

Overall the watch is great, smell from the strap is strong, hopefully this fades a little over time.

Chrono function works fine but pretty choppy. AR is above the norm, similar to what we expect these days. Certainly no tint to it from any angle.

Caseback engravings are real nice. Lume is not as strong as made out in the description, but certainly better then the norm:

Lume markers filled out really nicely, its certainly a very produced dial. I could do with moving the dial ever so slightly to line up better with the case bezel, but does not bother me enough to open this baby up.

There is one issue, that could be considered minor or big, depending how anal some guys are here, but it seems when they remade the cases (this is a fresh new case) they made a little typo on the bezel. What is strange is this new version has now appeared at timeshop and eta2011 and the error is not on the case, so I suspect that a batch of rogue cases are out there, and as the cartel usually get the heads up on a number of new releases, they also can get ones with flaws, so watchout if ordering. The fault is only on the black finish.

Onto pics.

img5535o.jpg

img5538m.jpg

img5536vu.jpg

123voc.jpg

124u.jpg

img5537e.jpg

img5540xj.jpg

img5543h.jpg

img5544b.jpg

img5541e.jpg

chopl.jpg

img5542u.jpg

Easily an 8 out of 10 in my book. :cowboy:

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Nice one !! I'm really hesitating on this one too.

Is the issue on the bezel only the dot between the 55 and tachometer ?

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
Nice watch.
I use to have the non-chrono version and when it arrived from China the strap had the worse smell ever (I thought it was made out of a dead rat intestine), anyway I washed it a few times but the smell stayed.
Finally I left it 48hours in detergent and it came out with the nice detergent smell.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Your gonna have to explain how you know what rat intestine smells like!