• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mikewatch.com

Jay_1984

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
14/9/23
GER
Hey the exact same thing happened to me!!! I also ordered a watch, probably paid 100/
-200$ more than I would have done it here over a TD but I hack it off! It's tuition money and all in all I'm happy about the watch! It is not a beach REP watch and is fun to look at it off.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Put simply, the crystal on that watch does not have any anti-reflective coating by the cyclops. For comparison here is my old GMT with a genuine crystal and a VSF submariner. Notice the significant difference in reflection creating a "black hole" effect? This is one tell that is very visible even from several feet away for someone who knows what to look for. I'm not trying to bash you or what you bought but I'm trying to educate you the difference in quality and closeness to gen.

PXL_20211124_013415545b8b429b56d1c197b.jpg

Nellie Pippy

18/9/23
This is the exact thing you need to learn here, and the reason why you are here. There is a sea of knowledge here you can learn and after that, you will know how he and we see the quality of your rep by just a few photos which actually tells

Put simply, the crystal on that watch does not have any anti-reflective coating by the cyclops. For comparison here is my old GMT with a genuine crystal and a VSF submariner. Notice the significant difference in reflection creating a "black hole" effect? This is one tell that is very visible even from several feet away for someone who knows what to look for. I'm not trying to bash you or what you bought but I'm trying to educate you the difference in quality and closeness to gen.

Thanks a lot, I’ve learnt from this. So, should I swap the crystal? I may just buy a VSF and start again.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thanks a lot, I’ve learnt from this. So, should I swap the crystal? I may just buy a VSF and start again.
Truthfully, I would not chase the issues with what you have, I'd just get a VSF and move forward. I've had pretty much every maker except clean including ZZF and the VSF is the best IMHO. The movement is considered the best clone, the watch itself is amongst the best quality Rolex reps for both details and finish I've handled. You can sell what you have here or just use it as a beater. Sucks, I know, but you can get a new complete VSF for under $600 new or you can throw $150 plus installaion at a new crystal which may or may not fit. Since the head's maker is uncertain (but definitely not clean or VSF) the compatability with genuine or aftetmarket parts like prof's or deep is uncertain. What's the serial number? We might be able to figure out the maker. Also, any ideas of the movement? when you set the time and date which way do you turn the crown? How far do the hands move with one rotation of the crown? If you are really feeling adventorous you can unscrew the caseback and get a few movement pictures and that may help further narrown down what you have.

Last edited:

Nellie Pippy

18/9/23
Truthfully, I would not chase the issues with what you have, I'd just get a VSF and move forward. I've had pretty much every maker except clean including ZZF and the VSF is the best IMHO. The movement is considered the best clone, the watch itself is amongst the best quality Rolex reps for both details and finish I've handled. You can sell what you have here or just use it as a beater. Sucks, I know, but you can get a new complete VSF for under $600 new or you can throw $150 plus installaion at a new crystal which may or may not fit. Since the head's maker is uncertain (but definitely not clean or VSF) the compatability with genuine or aftetmarket parts like prof's or deep is uncertain. What's the serial number? We might be able to figure out the maker. Also, any ideas of the movement? when you set the time and date which way do you turn the crown? How far do the hands move with one rotation of the crown? If you are really feeling adventorous you can unscrew the caseback and get a few movement pictures and that may help further narrown down what you have.
Hello. The serial number is 486749W9.

I’ll have to play around with it to answer your other questions. No idea on the movement etc. Equally, I am not too fussed on the watch given the info that you and others have given me. It cost a few hundred quid. When I get my bonus in December, I’ll prob get a few reps, including a Hulk by VSF from a listed TD. This one, I’ll try to sell on here (if allowed) or will just use it sparingly.

Reactions: C Master

Nellie Pippy

18/9/23
hey why so serious! Wear the watch and enjoy , I do the same! Use your bonus to buy another and a younger phone ;)
I’m not serious about it at all, it’s just a replica watch. However, if it’s a shit rep, I’ll take advice from others and will get a better one! Sticking to my old phone I’m afraid, I hate the newer models because they’re so damn big. When you wear jeans, it looks like there’s a brick in your pocket 😩

Reactions: var554

60MinMan

29/1/23
Texas
Just glad that you actually received a rep that you can immediately put to use. Only a very trained eye will know the difference. There are many trained eyes on this forum, but in the real world, not so many, at least in one place.

Nellie Pippy

18/9/23
Does this pic with reflection show the ‘black hole’ / non-reflection better guys and girls?

tymich

Horology Curious
15/10/23
Hi guys,

I saw someone on Instagram post some very nice reps, mikeclub or a similar username. You the contact him via WhatsApp and then he sends you his website which is mikewatch.com.

I liked what I saw, paid a small deposit and then had a video call a few days later to see if I like what they had put together. I then started to do some research before I paid the balance and stumbled across this site! In hindsight, I should’ve done my research before paying the deposit he he. Anyway, I was happy with what they had presented so paid the balance. Given they had 81,000 followers on social media, I’m a little surprised and a tad worried that there is no mention of them or their website on this forum!

Does anyone know of Mike in Hong Kong or China? So far, so good, but intrigued and a little anxious as to whole this experience will pan out.

cheers
I have ordered from him multiple times. He is trust worthy.

GordonGekko90292

Horology Curious
21/2/24

I found this same guy, mike watch, on IG claiming to sell high quality Swiss movement replicas. Not sure if I'm allowed to post his website. I've been communicating with him through Whatsapp for almost a year now. His stuff looks high quality but I need some expert advice. I gave him a $50 deposit through PayPal and we are now in the QC stage where he has provided pics of my actual watch and wants to do a video call for last QC and my approval, before paying final amount of $380 and shipping to me. He has sent me pics of all angles of the watch and also a pic of the inside moment. He claims the watch is fully functional and has Swiss movement. What do you guys think of the watch, the price, any questions I should ask, if I should buy from him or recommend somebody else? I read the best factories for this watch are called Clean and VSF? Does that make sense? I have attached some pics for your review, also have some videos if I can somehow download here. Please advise on all and I look forward to interacting with you all.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I found this same guy, mike watch, on IG claiming to sell high quality Swiss movement replicas. Not sure if I'm allowed to post his website. I've been communicating with him through Whatsapp for almost a year now. His stuff looks high quality but I need some expert advice. I gave him a $50 deposit through PayPal and we are now in the QC stage where he has provided pics of my actual watch and wants to do a video call for last QC and my approval, before paying final amount of $380 and shipping to me. He has sent me pics of all angles of the watch and also a pic of the inside moment. He claims the watch is fully functional and has Swiss movement. What do you guys think of the watch, the price, any questions I should ask, if I should buy from him or recommend somebody else? I read the best factories for this watch are called Clean and VSF? Does that make sense? I have attached some pics for your review, also have some videos if I can somehow download here. Please advise on all and I look forward to interacting with you all.

Sigh. Where to begin.... That's not a swiss movement. It's an Asian 7750 with a modifier plate to move the sub dial location from its native 6-9-12 position to the 3-6-9 of the Daytona. Because all of the sub dials are being moved there is a series of gears in the modifier plate. Those have a tendency to skip and slip when you reset the watch after running the chronograph. Also because you're moving the running seconds hand from the 9:00 position to the 6:00 position depending on how well made the modifier plate is, there could potentially be issues with long-term reliability. Also because of the complexity there are very few if any watchsmith that will work on that.

Going beyond the movement itself, the mid case will be thicker than genuine. This is because of the thickness of the movement.

Price wise you are probably about 150 to 200 above what you would pay from one of the trust to dealers for a mid-tier replica like that.

Personally I would strongly suggest you consider switching yourself over to one of the trusted dealers and picking up a BTF or clean Daytona. Either one of those will have the super clone 4130 movement which is considered one of the best Asian movements around. You'll also have a much higher quality build and correct thickness. You'll be looking at spending about 750 for those but the difference is worth it. I have had one of those old 7750 based daytonas and I currently have a noob 4130 Daytona, and everything from the way it sits on the wrist to the build quality there is no comparison and my noob is not even the current generation but last generation of replicas. The new generation is even better

.... To be clear my assessment is of the watch only, I have no experience or reference to judge this non-trusted dealer.

Last edited:

ATY30

17/1/24
J'ai déjà acheté chez Mike il est très doué pour communiquer mais ne sait rien des montres et de ces mouvements j'avais commandé un fond noir Daytona et les prix variaient selon les jours, les, Je pense qu'il est digne de confiance quand il est en payant et en recevant la montre mais la qualité ne sera pas là et surtout le mouvement sera déformé.
il a dit que ma montre daytona était une usine de noob quand ce n'est pas vrai.

ATY30

17/1/24
Good morning,

I have already bought from Mike he is very good at communicating but knows nothing about watches and these movements I had ordered a Daytona black background and the prices varied depending on the day, I think he is trustworthy when he is when paying and receiving the watch but the quality will not be there and above all the movement will be distorted.
he said that my daytona watch was a noob factory when that is not true.

Tomback

21/9/21
Barcelona
Hola chicos,

Vi a alguien en Instagram publicar algunos representantes muy buenos, mikeclub o un nombre de usuario similar. Lo contactas vía WhatsApp y luego te envía su sitio web que es mikewatch.com.

Me gustó lo que vi, pagué un pequeño depósito y luego tuve una videollamada unos días después para ver si me gustaba lo que habían armado. Luego comencé a investigar un poco antes de pagar el saldo y encontrarme con este sitio. En retrospectiva, debería haber investigado antes de pagar el depósito, je, je. De todos modos, quedé contento con lo que me habían presentado, así que pagué el saldo. Dado que tenían 81.000 seguidores en las redes sociales, estoy un poco sorprendido y un poco preocupado de que no se mencione a ellos ni a su sitio web en este foro.

¿Alguien sabe de Mike en Hong Kong o China? Hasta ahora, todo bien, pero estoy intrigado y un poco ansioso por saber cómo se desarrollará esta experiencia.

salud
Hola, ¿cómo fue la experiencia con este distribuidor? ¿Mejor precio de lo habitual? Gracias

Topher

Looking Around
28/3/24
I recently found Mike on IG and bought 2 watches before I found this site. Looks like I paid more than I should have and might not be getting the "Best". But we live and we learn.
I'll post pics of them when they arrive.
Mike is very communicative though.

Reactions: Jay_1984

Topher

Looking Around
28/3/24
Received both watches from Mike within 2 weeks from payment.
First one (Rootbeer GMT) I gave to a buddy who wanted it. Didn't get a pic.
The 2nd is a small DJ for the lady.
It looks really good to me. The Crystal seems to have a high reflection, but what do I know. She's gonna love it.
I definitely paid way too much after doing some Research. Both came with boxes and the whole 9.
The GMT was about $200 over priced.
The 36mm DJ was $300 over priced.
I'm not pissed off, respect the hustle. I just know the TDs are where to shop now.