• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Member dispute, am I being unreasonable?

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Ah ,,,, both EU....This sounds like some of the messes one of my best friend gets into,,,, you all know him! Lol:hehehe:

carlton

2/10/11
Offering to pay half amount of repair cost or full refund upon receiving back the watch is good enough for a watch sold with no warranty stated. Doesn't matter how long he have been a member of RG as the terms and condition of the deal is already stated clearly once the sales thread is posted up.

These people have to know that different forum have different rules and once they are here, they have to respect and understand the rules here.

Hopefully a Mod here will be able to help you to solve this issue without the buyer opening a pp dispute.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Any member that opens a pp dispute without a moderators permission should be banned on all the forums...... and if your buyer values his time at RG or here,,,,I'd say opening a pp dispute against another member without a mods permission would be enough to end it for him both here and there.... I know for sure on RG just the threat of a pp dispute would be enough to rouse consequences......

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Any member that opens a pp dispute without a moderators permission should be banned on all the forums...... and if your buyer values his time at RG or here,,,,I'd say opening a pp dispute against another member without a mods permission would be enough to end it for him both here and there.... I know for sure on RG just the threat of a pp dispute would be enough to rouse consequences......

+1

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I know the sale happened here,,,, and our mods will get on this for you,,,,, but I'd go to his home at RG and get Brobert's advice about it also....a pp threat is nothing to take lightly,,, that could effect your ability to trade from now on....

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
1st of all just by the threat of a pp dispute the guy is a dikk and he should get a talking to. You should post this on repgeek and embarrass the buyer. 2nd of all since you bubble wrapped the watch and took great care to send it the right way, you should in no way accept a refund. The part were u said u would pay for half of the repair is fair enough, but thats all.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I really hate to hear these stories!,,,,,doesn't anybody talk through there issues anymore???
I would get in touch with Brobert like mitch said,,,,,a PP dispute is really harsh!!!
And anyone that would file a PP dispute after offering a full refund,,,,is looking for trouble!!
I hope that all get's sorted!!
Again ,,,,best of luck with this asshat!!

replicawatch21

21/6/12
A Paypal dispute is unnecessary especially when a seller is trying to sort things out, regardless of stated warranty. Of course, he wouldn't know that the watch was really working before you send it unless you have a vid of it that it was working, like a tagged vid perhaps(might be useful in the future)? However, with this type of buyer, I don't think it is necessary because with you being reasonable of telling him that you will give a refund after receiving the watch back and him threatening you with a dispute, he, obviously, is a trouble.
He knows what he is doing, buddy! I'd say let him send it back with tracking and give him the full refund. If he doesn't want to return it, then, the watch might not be dead after all and he has got a different agenda.
Hopefully, mods can help you out with this.
:raji::thud:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I don't know what else seller could do from what I read here. Hopefully mediating by a mid here will resolve things. Good luck to seller.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen tapatalk as sample.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Person needs to be banned, we don't need his kind around here- no matter how long ago they joined any version of rep forum. Problem with doing that is the ass will escalate into super ass mode.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
You are being beyond reasonable. Someone needs to teach that asshat a lesson.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Looking into this as we speak guys, wielding the PP stick is never appropriate, that's my job if needed.

Mitch I'm sure you are aware that it is indeed enough to get him banned everywhere. Well, except maybe TCLKC whom are not exactly co-operative in such matters. He will however be kicked out of here, rwg.bz, RG and HF at the very least. His details will also be supplied to several of the gen fora who cooperate with us on the matter of scammers.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
raw

:D

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Looking into this as we speak guys, wielding the PP stick is never appropriate, that's my job if needed.

Mitch I'm sure you are aware that it is indeed enough to get him banned everywhere. Well, except maybe TCLKC whom are not exactly co-operative in such matters. He will however be kicked out of here, rwg.bz, RG and HF at the very least. His details will also be supplied to several of the gen fora who cooperate with us on the matter of scammers.

I thought no less Boss,,,,anyone that would use that kind of language even as a empty threat without a mods approval is unpredictable at best.....

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Sounds like the buyer wants to try his luck in keeping the watch, which is probably working, and his money back, in other words a free watch. Twat.

arcadia

11/8/11
Do you still have his money? Save yourself the anxiety, get your watch back and refund him. Have a moderator mediate between you two if he doesn't trust you (or you to him).

No more repairs, no more discussion, no more disputes, just refund.

There are others who will buy your watch, believe you me.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Ya that would be the easiest option now. I don't have the money but I'll use my credit card to do a paypal refund him when I get the watch back!

The strange thing is that I have asked him a few times as to what solution he wants. He hasn't answered.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Ya that would be the easiest option now. I don't have the money but I'll use my credit card to do a paypal refund him when I get the watch back!

The strange thing is that I have asked him a few times as to what solution he wants. He hasn't answered.

If you need me for a mediation through PP let me know