• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maurice Lacroix Aikon #Tide

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Sometimes it's unbelievable what you can get for about 50$....

The Watch is compared to the gen awesome it has the same 15$ Quartz Movement. Don't know if its the same Material....its Plastic, but it looks fcking good. I'm very pleased with it.

You can find them like sand on the beach on Ali.

If you look closer the finish especially on the Rubber is a bit rough on some edges....but...50$ so who cares 😄

Coffee Cup, Bag, Warranty Card, Stickers everything is repped lol.

Nice little plastic watch. Spending nearly 1000$ for the gen is definitly not worth it.

Now some pics :D

GMT+9Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/20
Germany
Lol. I always wonder who buys those plastic shitters and it feels like they increase the prices every few months. My GF, of course, really likes them. Can you share a link where you bought it?

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Just ordered the blue and green versions from ali for 36 usd each although now that I think about it the pictures never showed the cup and bag so I probably screwed myself by not paying attention and I'm sure it won't come with it if it isn't in the pictures. Disappointed because it would have enhanced the purchase but oh well I guess and I probably wouldn't have used that stuff anyway and I saved 6.00. I also saw these just now in a Time and Tide video. Would be pretty cool if these came out on aliexpress. The video said the Aikon Tide watches are 20% of ML sales volume! That's pretty impressive. I think these look good especially as cheapies. Do you still have yours @RobSe1 ? Your picturs look great. How's the strap?

HMfQLP.jpeg

HMflrW.jpeg

HMftGJ.jpeg

HMfrCo.jpeg

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
The Camou is awesome. If they rep this i will take it :D

Tbh the Cup, Bag stuff is just not necessary...after the photo i put it in the drawer lol.

Yeah i still have mine and wear it. The Strap is good. I looked for an alternative but with those endlinks i think the available options are rare.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Damn these are great!!! Probably one of the best $35.00 purchases I've had. Just fantastic. They even have freaking Anti Reflective coated crystals!!!! I was totally not expecting that. The dials are mesmerizing and reflect light differently depending the light. The dials look high quality and are metallic looking. The rehaut is polished which gives added visual interest. The screw down crowns feel super smooth, no wobble and the resistance when setting the time is nice and smooth with good tension not like other cheap watches with super easy, sloppy time setting. These feel like an actual quality Swiss watch with gaskets. Such vibrant colors though they do have a plain black version if that's more your style. I've gotten quite a few cheapies lately. Breitling EP, just got a moonswatch and these by far are vastly superior. Tapping on them they are solid whereas the others sound hollow and feel cheap. I'm so tempted to find a gen so I can compare them. I can't imagine there is much difference. I might actually try to pick one of the Camo gens if I can find one at some sort of a discount to compare. If these had a rotatable bezel these would be perfect.

I got the cups and full packaging. They even have stickers on them that when you peel them off say VOID on them, lol. I didn't get the hang tags or cards though both my watches were set to the exact same time so possibly some sort of quality control to check their function? I'm actually trying the coffee cup right now but since it doesn't have an air hole in the lid it is quite difficult but it is keeping my coffee warm. I might drill a little hole since they're part of an awesome 35.00 watch package and I want to use them. It enhances the value of that $35.00. I paid only $35.00 USD here https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1103276128 and the aliexpress store is still open though you have to click on products to find these as their front page doesn't show them.

These are bright, fun watches similar in spirit to the Breitling Endurance Pro, moonswatches, Panerai Carbotechs or any other light weight, durable "active lifestyle" watch (athleisure per Breitling, lol) with bold colors which are the kind of watches I'm enjoying lately. Enjoy the pics and be sure to click and zoom in to see the details on these watches.

HEPxuK.jpeg

HEPNxW.jpeg

HEPssk.jpeg

HEPCX2.jpeg

HEPlDF.jpeg

HEP6Ri.jpeg

HEPnBX.jpeg

HEPoMv.jpeg

HEPID1.jpeg

HEP31k.jpeg

HEPzKD.jpeg

HEPZNY.jpeg

HEPDts.jpeg

HEPWNR.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
are there any other strap options for the watch?

ghost

Looking Around
27/4/09
Have you tested the water resistance on yours? One of mine fogs up after washing of hands. The other can tolerate being in the shower

Reactions: shinynewbling25

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Have you tested the water resistance on yours? One of mine fogs up after washing of hands. The other can tolerate being in the shower
Hi, I haven't tested it. Don't really plan to for now because I don't want to take the chance of ruining one. If I did I would probably buy some spares just in case. They feel like they have good gaskets on the crown at least. They're too new to me now to take any chances with water. I don't take the chances with any reps near water though unless I were to have waterproofed and tested (have not ever done that with a rep).

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
are there any other strap options for the watch?
I saw some rubber straps on Ali that came with the metal quick release part for 35.00 usd. $11.00 without which had a different center that can be used in place of the quick release insert. Then saw other straps on ebay that are for the Aikon. I'm assuming you could get the black Tide version and take out/re-use the black insert or use the inserts of the blue one you have and it can be used with other straps. I saw a blue
canvas strap on ebay for the Aikon.

Ali rubber straps with stainless steel quick release included and without with compatible center portion for the aikon.

HNfeSi.jpeg

Here was a blue canvas and rally type you can get with matching stitching. Could probably find on aliexpress for lower price but I haven't looked.

HNfAic.jpeg

Last edited: