• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

manual winders in roger dubuis

elephantriter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/11
so here is my question...i am looking at a roger dubuis from angus at this listing http://www.puretimewatches.org/product/easy-diver-chrono-white-dial/ . the movement is listed as "Asian Lemania copy manual winding chronograph movement ".

from what i can piece together in the various information here on the site manual winders are great work horses and great time keepers (this is my hot button--correct time keeper). other than saying that - this is a copy of lemania it doesn't really say WHAT it is and it sounds like there many copies of the lemania from my research.

can any one shed some light on this question for me? also i am curious WHY the RD easy diver rep is only available in a manual wind function. specifically the model that has a stamped bezel (similar to a rollie yachmaster bezel).

i bring my question to the forum because as i read my research in the various postings they all seemed to become technical comparisons and descriptions became relatively meaningless(to me)...even thought some of them were true technical genius in text form. they were impressive but without guidance for a watch-parts-challenged individual (aka me!)

i thank you all in advance, as always, and am anxiously awaiting the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank You to My Brothers in Time!
E'riter

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Seagull ST19.

It is widely used in reps and has a good reputation.
It is also very decorative. Even if it does not look like the Gen movement it is impressive and presentable, not least when in a case like the Easy Diver rep. That one is made with great attention to detail.

My main critisism is that it is a bit small for the case, but most people would probably not notice that one:

058.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Firstly to clarify things about "Lemania" . I'm going to repeat the trailboss words in other post:
"Let's get this straight, the Sea-Gull ST-19 AKA "Asian Lemania" is not a Lemania at all, it is a modified Venus 175. Sea-Gull bought the rights and the tooling for the 175 in the 60s and produced it until the 70s. In the 80s they brought out the improved version that is the ST-19."

That said, if you like that watch, you are lucky because the called "Lemania" is one of the best available movements in the rep world and, besides, it is very beautiful !!

Buy it with confidence!!

ALE