• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Making this BP Kermit better

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Update time.

Just installed a new Miyota 8215 since the DG conked out earlier this week. I sourced a new seconds hand from eBay that is MUCH better to me (a correct thickness tip).

Only current downside is the datewheel. Thankfully, the DG datewheel is printed in Rolex font. Just need to have someone swap datewheels for me and I’d be all set.

The new insert that KJ2020 recommended is just beautiful.

Better pics tomorrow.

892071948003b5639a1e725cceaa8e1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
KJ2020

Will the crystal / dial / movement from my ARF 116610 swap over to this BP?
Fairly sure my BP has a 2824, as the date change is not instant.

I'm contemplating getting a ZZFv2 as my go-to ceramic sub, and would carry the ARF bracelet onto that one.
If I could use the face and guts of the ARF on the BP it would be a bonus.

I know there are dial nuances which are different, as well as the lume colour, but that does not bother me...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: couchp0tat0

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020

Will the crystal / dial / movement from my ARF 116610 swap over to this BP?
Fairly sure my BP has a 2824, as the date change is not instant.

I'm contemplating getting a ZZFv2 as my go-to ceramic sub, and would carry the ARF bracelet onto that one.
If I could use the face and guts of the ARF on the BP it would be a bonus.

I know there are dial nuances which are different, as well as the lume colour, but that does not bother me...

Cheers.

BP has occasionally made some 2824 Subs bro, but way more common are 2836s in ETA. They also did/do DG2813s and Miyotas. I doubt yours is a 2824. If it is, the movement and dial could be swapped. The crystal is doubtful as the ARF is going to be gen-spec and the BP is not. See earlier discussion in this thread about that issue.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
BP has occasionally made some 2824 Subs bro, but way more common are 2836s in ETA. They also did/do DG2813s and Miyotas. I doubt yours is a 2824. If it is, the movement and dial could be swapped. The crystal is doubtful as the ARF is going to be gen-spec and the BP is not. See earlier discussion in this thread about that issue.

Thanks bro. I’ll just have to tinker and see what fits. Pretty sure its a 2824 as the date rollover takes about 15 minutes rather than snapping. Overall i really like it, but the date window is starting to bother me. Its cheap enough to play around with though.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks bro. I’ll just have to tinker and see what fits. Pretty sure its a 2824 as the date rollover takes about 15 minutes rather than snapping. Overall i really like it, but the date window is starting to bother me. Its cheap enough to play around with though.

You can always change the crystal to gen-spec and grab a JF or Raffles dial. Gen-spec crystal will require a double gasket. Need a DWO too.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Update:

The DG movement actually had a DW Overlay. Got that off and fixed it to the Miyota, but, it needed some clearance from the dial. The dial spacer the DG came with was too thin, used one of my extra ones but it was too much. Ended up snapping the stem... Woe is me. Woe is me. What a noob I can be.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Update:

The DG movement actually had a DW Overlay. Got that off and fixed it to the Miyota, but, it needed some clearance from the dial. The dial spacer the DG came with was too thin, used one of my extra ones but it was too much. Ended up snapping the stem... Woe is me. Woe is me. What a noob I can be.

Ack, bummer bro. I finally got my Noob Pepsi all set up up how I want it and put the the insert on in between clicks, D'OH! Major headache - I can't get the ceramic out without taking the movement out and the crystal off. AGAIN! Just going to fugettaboudit for a while and act like I don't care!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Ack, bummer bro. I finally got my Noob Pepsi all set up up how I want it and put the the insert on in between clicks, D'OH! Major headache - I can't get the ceramic out without taking the movement out and the crystal off. AGAIN! Just going to fugettaboudit for a while and act like I don't care!

That’s what I’ll do with this guy for a bit. So annoying !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM

That Hurts....

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Update:

I got some spare dial.spacers in different sizes if you want I can shoot them your way.

Or use the thicker one and sand it down a little ;)

Reactions: KJ2020

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Do any of you guys know where to get a replacement bezel? I bent mine trying to pop it off

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do any of you guys know where to get a replacement bezel? I bent mine trying to pop it off

You can bend those back bro if it isn't creased or cracked. Start with two blocks of wood and a vice to get it to some semblance of normal shape. Then use a perfectly flat surface (piece of glass or tile, etc.) to assess high or low points. Place the high point hanging about 1/3 over a stout wide board and whack it with a rubber mallet. Start with gentle hits but sometimes it can take some real beating. Keep checking flatness and rotate around til it's all even. I've straightened out several bezels this way, including a gen.