• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Low grade pam reps

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
My personal experience. I bought from a known seller in dhgate and on reddit who is positioned in a middle business. I bought some watches which are more than acceptable for the price. now I got the idea not to expect a superclone but to settle for defects and movement. I will never get a Noob or Vsf for which I buy watches without movement complications (eg working with 2813) or vk quartz. I have never tried a Panerai and, given the post, I contacted him and he told me that the price of the pams is around 140 dollars but he wants the order then he gets the watch. If I sell Di Stefano straps, I invest the money to buy a pam and let you know. sorry for the post too long. good night.

Inviato dal mio RMX2075 utilizzando Tapatalk

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I wonder the same as Hazing there are factories with the machinery and know how to produce beautiful carbotech case sets or high end super clone movements and so on, what are they doing now? That kind of knowledge (and investment) cannot have gone erased in the blink of an eye, logic tells me so.
But then to a degree I am not so sure logic is the driver here, or maybe at least not our free market logic.

In any case I appreciate HWF's job and hope they will listen to us and step up their game, this would drive sales up a lot imho

beau_bands

Renowned Member
29/10/13
What I’m wondering is when searching Ali or DH, what search terms are you guys using? Pam, Panerai, 47mm; etc give maybe 5 watches and the rest of the search results are straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What I’m wondering is when searching Ali or DH, what search terms are you guys using? Pam, Panerai, 47mm; etc give maybe 5 watches and the rest of the search results are straps.

If I remember correctly, searches like “Firenze” and 47mm watch and then just look under “related items”. I would look for a good store with a good selection and start communicating with the seller.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I’m not sure what stock they have on Panerai but I have had ok luck with jason007 and Alan/allen. They sell U1 grade stuff.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
You can buy some decent low grade Pam Reps at the Ali-Shops that photoshop "Age Girl" on the dials. They frequently change the shop names, so I dont have a link at the moment ;-)

Reactions: KOT1917

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
What model and factory would you recommend? For a 42mm hand-wind.

Phew. I'll have to think about whether there are any 42mm models with manual winding. I can't think of any off the top of my head. The good models with manual winding are actually all 44mm. And the more common 42mm models are automatic.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
What model and factory would you recommend? For a 42mm hand-wind.

I don't think there are such options in the models of this price segment, even without knowing the exact model range and all the ghgate-level factories that we are discussing here.
All I can say is that in this segment the cheap HW PAM has A6497 inside, and there are no other alternatives in this category. So, the A6497 does not fit into a 42mm case of any model.

If it is just important for you that it was HW - good, remove the rotor from the ST2555, and everything will be as you wanted. :)
By and large, all V6F PAMs 42mm(For example PAM676, or many other radiomirs) , from the P.1000, by and large, approximately like this and were, just movt., Had a decoration and a stopper when winding.

Reactions: papabear244

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
Phew. I'll have to think about whether there are any 42mm models with manual winding. I can't think of any off the top of my head. The good models with manual winding are actually all 44mm. And the more common 42mm models are automatic.

Everyone goes 44mm like in a heartbeat. But my 17cm puny wrist can't handle that. It'll definitely look like clock.

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
I don't think there are such options in the models of this price segment, even without knowing the exact model range and all the ghgate-level factories that we are discussing here.
All I can say is that in this segment the cheap HW PAM has A6497 inside, and there are no other alternatives in this category. So, the A6497 does not fit into a 42mm case of any model.

If it is just important for you that it was HW - good, remove the rotor from the ST2555, and everything will be as you wanted. :)
By and large, all V6F PAMs 42mm(For example PAM676, or many other radiomirs) , from the P.1000, by and large, approximately like this and were, just movt., Had a decoration and a stopper when winding.

I actually opened a post over in the general section. Talked about why and how I chose Pan's hand-wind. My first pick is 512, and if I have to say, auto's gonna be 682. But like I said in that post, I chose hand-wind because I can literally interact with it. Not just wearing and watching with those autos.

As for price point, I'm not specifically asking for low low prices. Simply looking for options out there. But it seems like factories specialized in Pan got closed. And the rotor method you got there. Does it work in long term with rotor removed? Since I don't even know this can be done. But hey, comes with a handy hacking. This could be quite helpful.

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
No way, there is no "too big" ;-)
I have 18cm that is not so much more. Try the 44 and i can guarantee you, that you dont regret it.

Guess I'll have to put one on and see how it looks. Man, I still can't get over the stereotypical impression of Panerai being massive.

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
My wrist is a 16,8 and the 44 is perfect indeed .. now I am looking for a 45 Radiomir and a 47 (127, 372 ..) by the way JayBee0815 ALE7575 you who are "master pam" have something to sell??
I will take care of them here in the Sardinian sun they would be fine ..

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
My wrist is a 16,8 and the 44 is perfect indeed .. now I am looking for a 45 Radiomir and a 47 (127, 372 ..) by the way JayBee0815 ALE7575 you who are "master pam" have something to sell??
I will take care of them here in the Sardinian sun they would be fine ..

Although the Sardinian sun would be a nice place for every Pam, I'm sorry to disappoint you as I have nothing to sell at the moment.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Panerais are massive watches, but wear very nice thank to their short lugs conception and clear open dials.
Personally, around 40mms watches are the best sizes for my wrist, the exception being Panerais, which 42mm models look actually too small for me.

acidrain33 , try a 44mm and you'll see it wears surprisingly good.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I actually opened a post over in the general section. Talked about why and how I chose Pan's hand-wind. My first pick is 512, and if I have to say, auto's gonna be 682. But like I said in that post, I chose hand-wind because I can literally interact with it. Not just wearing and watching with those autos.

As for price point, I'm not specifically asking for low low prices. Simply looking for options out there. But it seems like factories specialized in Pan got closed. And the rotor method you got there. Does it work in long term with rotor removed? Since I don't even know this can be done. But hey, comes with a handy hacking. This could be quite helpful.

I read your original post, I'm sorry I missed it in the general thread.

In fact, you can wind the ST2555, for example, by hand, like an HW watch, if you don't have enough movement. This is not a problem, and you don't need to make any design changes to do it, you just do it. Without self-winding, such a gull is enough for about 40 hours, which, in my opinion, is quite enough.

I will also join those who commented above, 44mm is not much, in fact, especially since in this size there is some choice of HWF models, which, although far from ideal, are still better than what is discussed in this thread.

Reactions: JayBee0815

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
I read your original post, I'm sorry I missed it in the general thread.

In fact, you can wind the ST2555, for example, by hand, like an HW watch, if you don't have enough movement. This is not a problem, and you don't need to make any design changes to do it, you just do it. Without self-winding, such a gull is enough for about 40 hours, which, in my opinion, is quite enough.

I will also join those who commented above, 44mm is not much, in fact, especially since in this size there is some choice of HWF models, which, although far from ideal, are still better than what is discussed in this thread.

Don't be. It's not in the same thread after all. I just wanted to be enlightened in the section of Panerai. And here I am hhh.

But yeah, pretty much like you said. Bumping up to 44mm does open up a lot of choices for styles.

Too bad not much of them factories making affordable hand-wind 42mm Pan now.

See if I got any friend have a 44mm Pan. I think it's one of those looked big on camera, but in reality not so kinda thing.

Here's how my wrist look like with Mk.18.

acidrain33

Known Member
16/7/20
Panerais are massive watches, but wear very nice thank to their short lugs conception and clear open dials.
Personally, around 40mms watches are the best sizes for my wrist, the exception being Panerais, which 42mm models look actually too small for me.

acidrain33 , try a 44mm and you'll see it wears surprisingly good.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Yup, sure will do. Let me find a way to get my hands on one.

This also will be my first time wearing a Panerai.

I always wonder how it feels.