• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost screw on my PAM 253. Where can I get one?

vdubgrub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/07
Hi guys,

Im a noob so bare with me. I lost a tiny screw that goes under the lever on my PAM 253. This screw holds one side of the metal bracket that goes around the time adjustment dial. There are two screws in total but I lost one. Im probably using the wrong words but hope someone understands what I mean. Anybody know where I can get a replacement screw?

Mike29983

8/7/07
i think you mean one of the 2 screws from the crownguard.

would say take the other one into a zipbag and go to a watchsmith and ask if he got one for you.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Tiny screw from an eye glass repair kit. Buy at any drug store. Keep us posted. Surely we can come up with something.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
HI, try the local watchsmith thingy and if that doesnt work i can sell u one but it gets pricey for a screw and shipping , especially being u might can pick one up locally , but if all else fails i have some , i would give u one but they werent given to me, lol , sry :D the eyeglass thing may work but i highly doubt they have one the size of the normal cg screw but u could take the one u have with u and eyeball it for sure

joe(rbj69)

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I agree with Joe that it doesn't seem like it would work, but I've used the eyeglass screw thing many time with great results. I wish you luck.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
The dealer I buy from has always replaced lost screws. This is a problem with reps, and a reminder to all to keep your screws tight, or they will fall out.

vdubgrub

19/2/07
Yeah I agree about the lost screws. I lost one out of my TW Best submariner bracelet due to it getting loose. Thank god I had extras.

I will try the eyeglass kit and the watch store idea and keep you all posted. Thanks everyone!

onzenuub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
19/11/07
And allways locktite the screws on your rep, with the blue locktite..

scropper

Known Member
30/10/07
I lost one of mine and couldn't find a replacement anywhere... I eventually decided to contact my dealer (Davidsen) and I had two sent out to me free of charge which I received three days later - not bad huh?

Sam

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
not bad!

blue loctite those suckers!

:D

Life is Good!

Klink

vdubgrub

19/2/07
Well I picked up a eyeglass repair kit but none of the screws fit the pam. So I guess my next option is to ask a watchsmith if they have any extra screws.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Sorry the eye glass screws didn't work out for you. I've always had luck with them. Don't worry, you'll find what you're looking for.

Quiksilva

4/3/07
I bought my Pam 11H from Angus and the threads on one of the screws was a bit weak, probably me tightening it, and it eventually stripped all together. I contacted Angus who supplied 2 for me and also a set of bars and screws for my 183 that i picked up 2nd hand.

Gotta be worth an email to ask.

Quiksilva