• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost in a sea of UPOs!

doubleohseven

8/11/12
8" - so a larger face tends to suit me better.

ps... I gather from the review thread that the AR issues have been sorted now for CR, is that also the case for UPO and LM?

DL

Its good to see you are looking for a really classy and stylish watch (planet ocean), something other than Panerai which was cool for 4-5 years ago.
:D:

Im waiting for a CrPO 42mm to arrive while im wating for LMPO batch 3.
With the CrPOs, you need to be aware of the bad bezel insert quality. Unfortunately the insert paint is fading, even dough you are careful when wearing it. The shirt wrists will cause it to fade after a while.

A fix could be sparying it with matt blank.

davel80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/13
London
Its good to see you are looking for a really classy and stylish watch (planet ocean), something other than Panerai which was cool for 4-5 years ago.
:D:

Im waiting for a CrPO 42mm to arrive while im wating for LMPO batch 3.
With the CrPOs, you need to be aware of the bad bezel insert quality. Unfortunately the insert paint is fading, even dough you are careful when wearing it. The shirt wrists will cause it to fade after a while.

A fix could be sparying it with matt blank.

Ahh well unfortunately, I still have a lot of love for PAMs - that old habit is going to die hard, I'm afraid. But as I'm sure you're aware - PAMs are a great entry point for us noobs due to the abundance of Super Reps in that range. I'm going to eventually grab a PAM195 to add to my PAM005 and leave it at that, though.

I'm keen to get up to speed on Omegas though, they're a completely different beast and I'm liking the challenge so far in sniffing out the right fit for me. I really do prefer the red 'Seamaster' logo on the ceramic, so it is a pull for me - but it's a shame to hear about this paint issue.. is that also true of the UPO?

Seems a silly problem for them to be having considering the other, seemingly more complex issues that have been addressed in the latest batch.

Looks like it's between;

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=109&products_id=1071

and

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=10438

at the moment.... Might just flip a coin! <- or is that just the Paneristi in me talking? ;-)

davel80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/13
London
Actually i dont know if this one is possible to source. I know it has been out of stock for a long time.
http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=109&products_id=1071

Regarding the CrPO 45mm AR, i dont know if its improved in the latest batches. I know that the 42mm AR is good. Unfortunately, Im only watching 42mm's, cus my wrist size match them better

Cool, thanks.

I know a lot of people still order from these guys - but I've just educated myself on the history behind Trusty Time. Is there someone else I should be giving my money to, considering there's some bad blood between RWI and TT?

Happy to do my own research as always - but always like hearing where people have had a good buying experience.

DL

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Sead (supermorrors), is a nitpicker and is not sending out crap.
For example, he did not sell the first batch of the LMPO. When I ordered, he refused :)