• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost in a sea of UPOs!

davel80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/13
London
Hi guys.. I'm in the market for a Planet Ocean and I need a gentle push in the right direction. I'm ideally after the 45mm and would love to hear from people who are happy with theirs.

Is there a stand-out 'Super Rep' in this model? Worth getting an ETA version or does the Asian movement hold its own?

I'm keen to order from Angus again, so the link I've included here is from puretime.. it seems to me like this would be the one to go for... but then, I haven't got much of a clue!

http://www.puretime.co/product/new-arrival-planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/

Any advice welcome and thanks to By-Tor and your great guide for getting me this far!

DL

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That's the best available model you have there on your link.

Get one with clone movement and you will be more than happy, its a must have piece!

davel80

30/7/13
London
Thanks Pap!

I've noticed new gens have the red lettering on the dial. Anyone know of a newer rep, or is this still my best option?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks Pap!

I've noticed new gens have the red lettering on the dial. Anyone know of a newer rep, or is this still my best option?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

The one with red lettering are the ceramic ones. Are you after a regular or a ceramic UPO?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

davel80

30/7/13
London
Ah, well - I guess the ceramic version if there's a good enough rep!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
IMG_20130824_150335_459_zpsf8a44044.jpg

davel80

30/7/13
London
That's a beauty BMW, but the gen I'm looking at doesn't have the red numbers, but the 'Seamaster' is red.

1037wue.png

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Mr Pap knows a lot more than me on these, but I have been told that the ceramics are not quite as accurate yet.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Lmpo is the most accurate.. Forget the others. But the lmpo has silly position faults on the dial right now. Waiting for new batch

davel80

30/7/13
London
Cheers all... Double, can you link me to an lmpo example?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I thought v5 or upo were best options as of now.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I thought v5 or upo were best options as of now.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

In my opinion, yes. If i wanted to buy an omega right now i would get a v5 po or an UPO.

I like the lmpo also but most of the ones i have seen here have issues.

And of course the cool looking ceramic ones which unfortuanately aren't very accurate with movement being the bigest tell.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I would rate current reps:
1) LM PO
2) CR PO
3) UPO

UPO is left third since it still has no AR crystal, that is a dead giveaway. Also the bezel insert (pearl) is bad. They could make it easily no. 1 with small updates.

LM PO after dial fixes is the ultimate rep.

CR PO 45.5 mm after bezel insert update is the ultimate rep.

UPO after a genuine crystal and bezel insert - THE ultimate rep.

Just a side note, I don't look at the back of the watches, they cannot be seen.

davel80

30/7/13
London
I would rate current reps:
1) LM PO
2) CR PO
3) UPO

UPO is left third since it still has no AR crystal, that is a dead giveaway. Also the bezel insert (pearl) is bad. They could make it easily no. 1 with small updates.

LM PO after dial fixes is the ultimate rep.

CR PO 45.5 mm after bezel insert update is the ultimate rep.

UPO after a genuine crystal and bezel insert - THE ultimate rep.

Just a side note, I don't look at the back of the watches, they cannot be seen.

This is all great stuff guys... but I'm still catching up with all the lingo. If you wouldn't mind filling me in a little while I'm still researching all this; what does LM and CR stand for - is there a thread on this where I can educate myself a little... or maybe some links to TD's offering all models?

Thanks again!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
LM = liquid metal
CR = ceramic

Just check the first 4-5 pages of the omega section, you will find most of the recent info/threads on both models.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
LMPO (current batch 2 does have issues)

When the positioning of the numbers, hour markers, space between omega and seamaster text and "dancing" omega logo is fixed. That will be the Ultimate PO, with other words, the most accurate.

The biggest PROS in my opinion, is the AR and the Pearl. Pearl is perfect I would say, which is a easy tell on all the other PO reps, CrPO pearl is good but not as good as LMPO pearl

This pic is from batch 2.

2j2xi7k.jpg

11sypnp.jpg

her is GEN

img_9041-956x1280-jpg.8741

davel80

30/7/13
London
LM = liquid metal
CR = ceramic

Just check the first 4-5 pages of the omega section, you will find most of the recent info/threads on both models.

Nice one, thanks. General consensus seems to be that UPO is the direction I should be headed by the looks of things, but I'm going to do some further trawling and see what tickles my fancy.

Out of interest... preferred TD for you guys? I was very happy with Angus last time, but if there's TD that's better suited to sourcing Omega Reps, then I'd be happy to go on your recommendation. (I wasn't sure which factory the one I linked to on puretime came from)

DL

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What size is your wrist? Some PO's are 42mm and some are 45.5mm.

davel80

30/7/13
London
What size is your wrist? Some PO's are 42mm and some are 45.5mm.

8" - so a larger face tends to suit me better.

ps... I gather from the review thread that the AR issues have been sorted now for CR, is that also the case for UPO and LM?

DL