• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looks like the new 42mm PO is out!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The rep 4th gen also has similar pitfalls on the clasp but the bracelet quality is very good. Solution is to change to genuine clasp. Frei used to sell it for 100 bucks (now is more expensive). Another possibility is to get the leather version/rubber version. While it's not as nice as the bracelet version, it reduces the concern for the clasp.

Glimmer

15/5/10
Hmmm...I'd love to see a proper review/rundown of this one, even with having seen the comparison shots earlier I feel a bit ...."uninformed?" as I haven't read like 100 reviews of it unlike the last generation ;)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I like it better than the current 21j models. The bezel teeth look good.

The crown and HEV look like cell towers though. ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Much better than the 21j in many ways.

I would highly recommend this version for anyone looking to buy 42mm version of PO.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Hmm I'd be in for one, just wondering which dealers carry it. I wonder if the current ones I do business with have it. I forgot who runs PC.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
I'm all in. Will let ya guys know when I receive mine :) thanks for the heads up OP.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I've got the 4th gen and swapped bracelets with the 21j model from Narikaa since it seems much more substantial at the clasp. But lately it's been on a Hirsch Leonardo and that's by far my favorite combo. The rubber didn't do it for me at all.

DSCN4268.jpg

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
@KBH: I have literally looked at hundreds of straps for one that looks like that, where did you find it? (I settled for a bland looking brown padded Hirsch)

I've got the 4th gen and swapped bracelets with the 21j model from Narikaa since it seems much more substantial at the clasp. But lately it's been on a Hirsch Leonardo and that's by far my favorite combo. The rubber didn't do it for me at all.

DSCN4268.jpg

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Is is just me, or is the pearl height WAY off? I feel like my FM 42.5 PO Special Edition (that just means black bezel, orange numbers on dial)(according to FM anyway) is more accurate to the gen (in these pics anyway) both in terms of the pearl and the "OMEGA" font/spacing. Of course it does have the happy feet, so I guess it's still a case of trading some flaws for others...sigh. Not everything can be the perfection that is a GMT-IIc rep.

bravo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/10
pearl issues

You are correct, it's about a frog's hair off!

I got worried with your post so i checked mine. dont worry friend. I ordered the same one and i can tell you that the qc pics of mine shows that the pearl is just centered ;)

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Aside from the misaligned rehaut, incorrect handstack, lack of AR on the date mag, etc.? C'mon, no reps are perfect!
Sarcasm. Although I think that we can agree that the GMT-IIc passes the initial "sniff test" a lot better than most. Perhaps I'm just sick of poor pearls. In any event, of course they all have flaws. It hasn't kept me from having a few different Seamaster versions and subs. I was just commenting that for all the hype surrounding finally getting a 42.5 version of the UPO, the pearl seems way off, and it's a signifcant component. That's all. And I certainly can't claim to be an expert by any stretch.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
mine is about to arrive very soon. I'm glad I waited out the extra whole 6 months for this thing and skipped the ploprof entirely.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
My PO (same as above) is sitting on top of my laptop right now. Lay from replicamake did a very wonderful job with QC and packaging this watch.

Thanks to all who pointed this example out and especially thanks to the dealers that carry it.

Thanks Lay