• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looks like the new 42mm PO is out!

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Doesn't look too bad. A bit tough to see if the HE valve is correctly placed though.

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
What do you guys think?

15228225.jpg

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
is this the one from Josh? Can you post a picture of the profile showing the Bezel and crystal height? thanks

Unfortunately i don't have a pic of the profile, these pics are taken from another forum. But maybe these ones can help you.

77586365.jpg

60414517.jpg

69460769.jpg

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
big question is.... does it take gen parts?

also, just nitpicking....does anyone else see the pearl is a bit off to the right?

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
big question is.... does it take gen parts?

also, just nitpicking....does anyone else see the pearl is a bit off to the right?

You are correct, it's about a frog's hair off!

johnzalez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/07
Why is it so hard to center the pearl on reps?? Damn fine looking pearl though. And this version in general looks pretty nice.

XyKo

3/6/09
The OMEGA needs more spacing between the letters. I think it's a bit thicker from the gen also. Here are pics of a my gen. Please do not reference these pics in other forums...

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Thanks TB!!

From my blackberry, it looks like the dial print on the rep is uber-huge!

HE valve seems to be in the right place.. The bezel on the rep looks to be one click over to the right and gives the illusion its not at the right spot

Both the HE valve and the crown are too big. But isn't this the case with the 4th gen too? Never owned one...but maybe someone that does can chime in on it

Endlinks are on the failboat.

BUT----

If it takes gen parts, I don't mind these faults at all :D

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Why is it so hard to center the pearl on reps?? Damn fine looking pearl though. And this version in general looks pretty nice.

Like any industrial process, you can't get it perfect each and every time.

A regular low/midrange brand would ask the bezel factory for a certain level of quality. In order to produce pieces that match the quality requierments, the factory would slow down its production rate, or throw away all the bezels with defects.

Rep makers don't care about quality. As long as it fits, it's good enough. So in order to get better prices, they ask the factory to maintain a faster production rate and not to throw away the pieces with an off-centered pearl.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It seems that a few things improved over the 4th gen. Way to go... Definitely a good buy for those who are missing out on the 4th gen.

As mentioned, there are still room for improvements. For instance, it seems that the minute hand is still a bit shorter than the gen and lume colour is too green (can be the lighting of this picture)?

Elias

18/11/10
is it just me or the gen pearl is green when rep one is white ? .. :s

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
From the photos below it looks pretty good. The crown is a bit longer, not by much. The HE valve is in the correct position, its shape however is off. Again, not a massive issue. The omega font thing and date window is really nit-picking, the only reason that these are noticed on the forum is the size of the image and the patience of the participants. In real life this thing is 42mm across, that's it !

Again, yes its single AR, but that's not a necessarily a drawback. Many ppl have the external AR on their gen POs removed, because it tends to leave marks. The crystal becomes more visible and it really is a thing of beauty. You have to hand it to Omega, their designers did a terrific job.

My only real concern is the quality of the bracelet and durability of the clasp. If the clasp stops closing properly after a couple of months, which I fear it would, what am I going to do with the watch? It really doesn't work well on a leather strap because of its hight and lugs and I personally don't like rubber straps. (even if Daniel Craig does)

Gen-Rep Comparison...

new-42mm-PO-gen-rep-comp.jpg

SilverEdge

Known Member
29/10/10
re-lumed it would look really close I think! Especially on the wrist. Anyone know if the orange bezel/numbers are the same shade/hue?