• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looks fake to me.

ilyayef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/10
Saw this watch on ebay and aside from the ridicules price on this beat up piece, it has happy feet on the case back and SS braclet, the numbers don't look right to me should be bigger on the bottem of each dail number and i thought the bezel is made not to wear like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER...istwatches&hash=item4cf46bbd38#ht_4958wt_1139

there are enlarged pics in the description.

Am i making a mistake what do you guys think.

P.S first evaluation go easy on me lol

INeedaWatch2

Renowned Member
5/11/09
Ok I took a professional look at the one pic that is posted and I can't say hands down that I would not go any where near it. It may even be a gen, but they are not giving enough details for me to drop the amount listed or even make an offer with out know for sure that it is GEN. With no box or paperwork I would not give them what they are asking anyway.

ilyayef

31/12/10
Ok I took a professional look at the one pic that is posted and I can't say hands down that I would not go any where near it. It may even be a gen, but they are not giving enough details for me to drop the amount listed or even make an offer with out know for sure that it is GEN. With no box or paperwork I would not give them what they are asking anyway.

he has 14pics posted in the description and if you click on em they can be enlarged but everything looks off to me, the numbers, case-back and bracelet, also the crowns and the circle lume dot on the top of the bezel.
That Price is not normal for this outdated model especially in that condition

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
It looks gen. There's nothing much there a good service/cleaning can't take care of. Happy feet only applies to the applied logo on the dial. It has the proper bevel on the date window, HE valve placement, a serial #, the pearl is good. If it's a rep, someone's put a lot into it.

Worst thing is that the detail on the seahorse has been rubbed/polished off.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
hm, orange/red on the numbers is correct dark, hev correct, caseback looks to have larger P and O- actually only the pearl looks a bit milky..?? not sure

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
I'm no expert, but shouldn't the HEV align perfectly with 10 o'clock, and shouldn't it not have happy feet? AR looks good though.

Even if it was gen, it is too expensive for a poor condition second hand Planet Ocean. It is a rip off no matter how you try and look at it.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
shouldn't the HEV align perfectly with 10 o'clock, and shouldn't it not have happy feet? AR looks good though.

No, the HE valve is a touch north on the gen. the bottom of the HE should line up with the bottom of the 10 o'clock marker. It doesn't have happy feet on the dial, that's where it matters.

I agree, you can buy a new gen for that. Terribly priced.

Comparison pics : http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/22015000

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
If was a gen it will be clean... no matter what abuse it has...
I dont trust in a dealer saling dirthy watches..

If you see Kay

26/1/09
That's definitely a gen.. It'd be nice to get a movement shot as well. If it was a fake then it'd be a franken, nvertheless, it's too expensive. Can pick one up for less than 2K

treble777

3/1/11
I just took a look at my genuine PO and there are two things that immediately struck me about this. I should point out that mine is also 42mm, but has white numbers, not orange as in the listing, however I assume other than that, the watches should be identical. Firstly, the tip of my seconds is a much darker orange than on the ebay watch. It's the same colour orange as the numbers.

Also, on the minute hand of the ebay watch, notice the shape of the lume area as it heads down the hand towards the tip - it is rather rounded. On mine, the end of the shape of the lume is much more pointed.

On the other hand (no pun intended) I only picked up my PO last August, by the looks of it, this watch is much older. So who knows, maybe the changes are just due to a design change.

ilyayef

31/12/10
In response to the last 2 posts, yes the gen should retain it's glory since the bezel is made with tremendos pressure the liquedmetal technology but i am always reading and looking at the newest version and they are different somewhat from the years before anyway it would take some serious damage to do that to the new bezels.
Guess i was wrong but the dealer feels fishy to me. Thx for all your guys help

P.S oh the numbers on that dail aren't supposed to be touching themselves like one bent piece anyone se what i mean.

shandroid

13/9/10
Man who cares if it s gen - he's crazy on his asking price IMO...

And no box or papers??? :biglaugh:

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I guess he thinks that since it's old, and he's added all of that "character" with the dings, and scratches, it should be worth more. Apparently thinks that this is a bottle of liquor, or a wheel of cheese.

ilyayef

31/12/10
lol yea i am ganna make a decent offer for that watch see what he says I wonder how much it would cost to fix it?

tflgee

1/9/09
Another one that looks like a gen to me. Although I agree his price is "optimistic" to say the least.