• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blue Face Sub

magnum

Horology Curious
23/10/07
Hey everyone. I am new, but read about every post here. I am interested in a blue face sub. and wanted to know who the best would be to purchase from. I don't care about price so much, but quality. Seems like Josh and Andrew have some good reviews. I also noticed that on Josh's site he has a couple of subs listed as "perfect" but not in the blue. :( Thanks for the help. Feel free to PM me too. Thanks!

Xyphis

4/10/07
Blue face or blue face with the gold/stainless band?

One is a fantasy watch (rumors of Japanese market original exist- is that true?) vs. the TT which is real

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
SS blue dial was limited version never avialable in states but is gen version. Go with the TT.

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
i agree, go with the tt version. or better yet, get a tt blue submariner and a ss black submariner.... this watch collecting is a sickness! :D

magnum

Horology Curious
23/10/07
Sorry, I meant a two tone. A friend of mine has a real one and I found one for $2300, but wanted to wear a rep first to see if I even like it. I have never been the watch wearer. Thanks.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
If you're willing to fork out the $2300 and the watch is in immaculate condition that doesn't sound like a bad deal. Otherwise welcome to being picky about what you get :) Just order one from Ruby. Ruby may even be able to find you the solid gold in 14k.

Also yeah the SS version was available overseas but it isn't a serti dial. Any blue one you see anyone wear almost definitely is fake, but I would imagine that if you have the money you could custom order it from the factory as much anything else they sell.