• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a Vintage Style Mod Builder

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
I’ve come across these milsub style builds online. Unfortunately they all seem to be using these Ali express parts and cases… Katabami Watch Japan and WMT. Are their any builders in our community who can put together a killer piece for me? I’m looking for something with a ghosted black bezel, a little bit of yellowing patina on the hour markers and hands, some wear on the dial…Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be sincerely appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1manband

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
I’ve come across these milsub style builds online. Unfortunately they all seem to be using these Ali express parts and cases… Katabami Watch Japan and WMT. Are their any builders in our community who can put together a killer piece for me? I’m looking for something with a ghosted black bezel, a little bit of yellowing patina on the hour markers and hands, some wear on the dial…Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be sincerely appreciated!
Something like this..?
5513c.jpg

5513d.jpg

It came from @bobandshawn you could also try The Homage Forum... Some fine modders and builders there...

Last edited:

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia

Something a little lighter yellow instead of the darker orange on the line plots and hour markers. The bezel I want ghosted. Not all the way gone but the black steel insert definitely definitely worn. I would want it on an oyster bracelet

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
Thank you so much! I will reach out to them and see why their schedule looks like. I’m in no hurry so I’m fine with waiting a few extra weeks if need be. But again thank you!

dacs

Looking Around
4/7/22
Massachusetts USA
Hi, I am unknown in this community but I would be happy to help. I think the best course of action would be to use a JKF as a base and start from there. PM for more details

-dacs

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Hi, I am unknown in this community but I would be happy to help. I think the best course of action would be to use a JKF as a base and start from there. PM for more details

-dacs
Welcome... Been "looking Around" for a while now... Sounds like you may have some skills to share...

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Just FYI i dont think the JKF 5517 is avaliable anymore, specifically one with welded lugs. I could be wrong though.

MichaelNunz

ALWAYS On Time
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
Philadelphia
I appreciate you reaching out thank you. Fortunately some of the community members helped me get in touch with “pompom” he’s going to put together a build for me. But again thank you to everyone who shined a light on some of this communities top builders. There are some unbelievably talented members here. Couldn’t be more proud to be a part of this community!

Reactions: WingNut