• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Avigation BigEye

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Gen vs. DHGate "Cindywatch" rep. It's very close but a few issues IMO. Might actually keep the Gen.

Good:
- Case/caseback size, shape, finishing. Gen Ti case looks nearly identical to SS case on rep.
- Lume is actually pretty comparable to Gen.
- Subdial printing is correct with no major issues.
- Crystal shape & A/R very similar.

Issues:
- Dial color really is different. Tried to capture it. Gen has more "metallic blue" in it that pops where the Gen is very flat and lifeless.
- Subdial color on Gen is gray. Rep subdials are black (i'm assuming they are reusing from the Black model).
- Lume application on the Rep isn't perfect and runs over some of the white edges on the indicies.
- Top pusher for chronograph gets stuck and doesn't return. Have to pull up to stop/reset.
- 6 o'clock tick mark in between swiss made is short compared to Gen dial.

Overall it is still NWBIG as without a side by side you wouldn't notice any difference.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
It would appear my pics from yesterdays IMGUR embed died in the forum updates so here are some clickpix.

zoWPkD.jpg

zoWTJk.jpg

zoWCOY.jpg

zoWpjs.jpg

zoWdao.jpg

zoWklJ.jpg

zoWwFP.jpg

zoWMAW.jpg

zoWs6S.jpg

zoWuvQ.jpg

zoW7zL.jpg

zoWEOR.jpg

zoWNk8.jpg

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Hey guys, anyone know which dealer currently has access to one of these? Checked with a couple and it seems they’re no longer carrying it. Thanks!

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Hey guys, anyone know which dealer currently has access to one of these? Checked with a couple and it seems they’re no longer carrying it. Thanks!
I literally posted the one in the pics above for sale on this forum about 30 minutes ago. :)

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Reviving this thread to say there is a version of the Avigation that comes with mineral glass (not sapphire, even though sapphire is also a mineral glass!) and with the correct 30s marker on the subdial @ 9 o'clock. I can't say for now if there are any other differences.

Reactions: chrgod

Buzer

Looking Around
3/6/22
Who's supplying this watch?
Allrighty then. I just put the order for the blue one on Cindywatch shop from DHgate.com Let`s see how long it takes to arrive. I know it`s not 100% , but close enough for me. Originally i was after Breitling AVI 765 re-edition, bus seems like no one is making that one - bummer :(.
The black Longines Avigation seems to be on stock with Puretimewatch.is shop.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
Who's supplying this watch?

Allrighty then. I just put the order for the blue one on Cindywatch shop from DHgate.com Let`s see how long it takes to arrive. I know it`s not 100% , but close enough for me. Originally i was after Breitling AVI 765 re-edition, bus seems like no one is making that one - bummer :(.
The black Longines Avigation seems to be on stock with Puretimewatch.is shop.
PureTime watch.is IS A SCAM SITE. Please, I know you’re new, but you absolutely SHOULD NOT BUY from anyone but TDs listed in this forum, unless you’re a gambler. You may get lucky, sure. And if that’s what ruffles your feathers, so be it.
But most of us here are looking for accurate reps and reliable sellers, not a crap shoot.

Angus can be reached at @puretime on his actual domain which is https://puretimewatch.io/

You’ll know it’s him bc the service is excellent and he fixes most problems.

Reactions: magoohkg

Buzer

Looking Around
3/6/22
PureTime watch.is IS A SCAM SITE. Please, I know you’re new, but you absolutely SHOULD NOT BUY from anyone but TDs listed in this forum, unless you’re a gambler. You may get lucky, sure. And if that’s what ruffles your feathers, so be it.
But most of us here are looking for accurate reps and reliable sellers, not a crap shoot.

Angus can be reached at @puretime on his actual domain which is https://puretimewatch.io/

You’ll know it’s him bc the service is excellent and he fixes most problems.
Sorry , my bad. Made a typo. I meant https://puretimewatch.io
My apologies!

Reactions: JimmyD750

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Gen vs. DHGate "Cindywatch" rep. It's very close but a few issues IMO. Might actually keep the Gen.

Good:
- Case/caseback size, shape, finishing. Gen Ti case looks nearly identical to SS case on rep.
- Lume is actually pretty comparable to Gen.
- Subdial printing is correct with no major issues.
- Crystal shape & A/R very similar.

Issues:
- Dial color really is different. Tried to capture it. Gen has more "metallic blue" in it that pops where the Gen is very flat and lifeless.
- Subdial color on Gen is gray. Rep subdials are black (i'm assuming they are reusing from the Black model).
- Lume application on the Rep isn't perfect and runs over some of the white edges on the indicies.
- Top pusher for chronograph gets stuck and doesn't return. Have to pull up to stop/reset.
- 6 o'clock tick mark in between swiss made is short compared to Gen dial.

Overall it is still NWBIG as without a side by side you wouldn't notice any difference.

Hey mate I know it’s a bit late but Trying to find this dhgate dealer Cindywatch. Would you happen to have a link? Trying to find one of these. Cheers

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Hey mate I know it’s a bit late but Trying to find this dhgate dealer Cindywatch. Would you happen to have a link? Trying to find one of these. Cheers
Don't know if we're allowed to directly link but if you go to DHGate just type "cindywatch" into the search bar and any of the first few results should be models from the correct cindywatch seller. Just click on one and then scroll down to see what store it's from. You can then just go direct to the store and view their inventory or search from there.