• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Long QC wait with no responses

crustygerm

Horology Curious
20/9/17
USA
Anyone else having a long QC wait time and no response when emailing?

I’ve ordered 4 times from Andrew and always got QC within a week, going on 9 days now with no response.

crustygerm

Horology Curious
20/9/17
USA
Update:

Andrew has said he’s still waiting for the factory to give him the watch and that’s why there has been a delay,

Just fyi for anyone else having similar situation.

I trust andrew so it’s good to get an update.

Time to wait!

nottbear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/19
Nottingham
I’m in the same boat. Not had a response but my guess was that he hasn’t had supply from the factory.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You've both been around for a while. I'm sure you're aware that delays like this happen on certain models due to availability.

crustygerm

Horology Curious
20/9/17
USA
You've both been around for a while. I'm sure you're aware that delays like this happen on certain models due to availability.
no doubt, just wanted to throw this out there so people knew that there is this possibility for any first time orders. Andrew has always been great to me so i hope my post wasnt implying there was something horribly wrong!

TheWatchGuy2

4/8/22
USA
It can go both ways. I had a few $150 daytonas about 15+ years ago that just sat there. I started into more expensive watches with my first Tag Forumla 1. Then for a long time did nothing. Then as my income grew and my interest renewed in watches I went and bought a gen Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8 then a gen Seamaster SMP 300 and another TAG Carrera 2 Rose Gold. That led me to re-looking at reps and discovered how good they had become during my 15+ years of absence. I bought a bunch of reps and still bought a gen Moonwatch and another moonwatch with the Mitsukoshi dial. In some cases Gen it is and others, the rep too good to go Gen. Each has there place and at least with reps you can have much more variety to choose from without the expense.

crustygerm

Horology Curious
20/9/17
USA
Just wanted to post an update on this post.
Recieved QC Pics today finally

switched from CLEAN Factory GMT II to GMF due to CLEAN having shortage of parts according to Andrew.

Andrew switched to GMF and a week later i had QCs and gave the green light :)

Reactions: hamdy

Chris8535

Known Member
29/3/16
I’ve been waiting on a patek 5226G now for over a month and a half and he isn’t responding. Seems kinda sketch now…. I’ve ordered many times before.