• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

London UK 2023 - GTG (Gathering interest)

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
Hello All

I wanted to gather your interest in having a London UK GTG.

My initial thought is to have a GTG in central London, this April 2023.

It’s been a few years since I last organised a London GTG, which had a turnout of 20 people.

If you are interested in attending please comment below and suggest your preference on date.

Presently I’m thinking of sometime:

W/c 17 April

Please do not discuss what watches you have that you might be bringing along.

Reactions: PlastikMan

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
Doesn’t seem like there is any interest.
Oh well.

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
London and watches - reps or gens, don't receive a warm welcome anymore :cry: Too many mopeds with machete's have put paid to that!:mad:.

Nice idea though.

Reactions: watchfan109

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
You’re addressing a gen and rep watch wearer who was born, raised and is residing in the post apocalyptic London that you describe.
Thank you for your input.

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
Wearing an expensive-looking timepiece in London in broad daylight? Death wish brother

I live in London and I wear my watches. Gen and Rep. I’m not a superhero. I’m just self aware of my surroundings, and act accordingly. The same way I use my mobile phone in public.

Perhaps stop watching moped riders attacking that sports car. It’s the same old rubbish video doing the rounds.

Reactions: McDuck888

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I guess the fear of watch thieves has put people off. Perhaps I’ll try again in 2024.

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I guess the fear of watch thieves has put people off. Perhaps I’ll try again in 2024.

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory
I live in London and I wear my watches. Gen and Rep. I’m not a superhero. I’m just self aware of my surroundings, and act accordingly. The same way I use my mobile phone in public.

Perhaps stop watching moped riders attacking that sports car. It’s the same old rubbish video doing the rounds.
I understand you're a Brit and perhaps you are more aware of the situation there, but don't you see how terrifying the videos circulating the internet is for other people around the world? Even celebrities and boxers like Amir Khan got robbed of their luxury watches. It's crazy. And of course you can say that you are self aware of your surroundings, but these robbers are 10 times more aware, because they are specifically targeting and looking out for people with something on their wrists.

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I understand you're a Brit and perhaps you are more aware of the situation there, but don't you see how terrifying the videos circulating the internet is for other people around the world? Even celebrities and boxers like Amir Khan got robbed of their luxury watches. It's crazy. And of course you can say that you are self aware of your surroundings, but these robbers are 10 times more aware, because they are specifically targeting and looking out for people with something on their wrists.
It’s the same way as us Brits and Europeans are shocked by the level of gun violence in your US schools. It seems every week there are children being taken away by crazies.

My children would not be safe in a US schools. You may well say that’s silly.

I hope you understand my perspective.

ahboylovespatek

28/3/23
rolex factory
It’s the same way as us Brits and Europeans are shocked by the level of gun violence in your US schools. It seems every week there are children being taken away by crazies.

My children would not be safe in a US schools. You may well say that’s silly.

I hope you understand my perspective.
I’m not American lol, and Americans are worse

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
Would love to meet up with fellow watch enthusiasts! I'd make the trip all the way down from sunny Yorkshire lol. If people are so scared about wearing a watch in public just drive to the meetup point? Or wear a cheap seiko or citizen we all have stashed in a drawer somewhere!

Pen me in @masmannan

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I wear my Submariner everywhere without concern, I'd meet up anywhere.

What's the bloody point of owning it if you darent wear it?