• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

List your top 5 favorites

rjboxster

Horology Curious
19/3/06
Pug, you crack me up. Until then I'll just enjoy my Pannies and giggle whenever I see the same roundness on all those Rollies.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
rjboxster said:
Pug, you crack me up. Until then I'll just enjoy my Pannies and giggle whenever I see the same roundness on all those Rollies.
I try my best. :lol:

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Girard Perregaux Vintage Tourbillon with 3 Gold Bridges

F P Journe Chronometre de Resonance

The new Engraved Skeletonised Breguet Minute Tourbillon

Vacheron Constantin Jubile 1755

Oversized Cartier Santos 100

xrt

Horology Curious
17/3/06
Bond 6538 Submariner
COMEX 1665 SD
Paul Newman 6263 Daytona
Pointy CG 1675 GMT
Milgauss 6541
Red Sub 1680

Reactions: Mika0815

grinbo

Horology Curious
17/3/06
As the topic says, please list your top five favorite reps. The ones you wear or want.

xrt said:
Bond 6538 Submariner
COMEX 1665 SD
Paul Newman 6263 Daytona
Pointy CG 1675 GMT
Milgauss 6541
Red Sub 1680

[smilie=book1.gif]

Somebody always wants one extra

LOL :lol:

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
People I'm dissapointed with the lack of imagination here.

Rollies, Omegas!!!!

Thats like winning a prize to a world famous hotel where the top chefs from around the world await your command to prepare any dish you desire from the four corners of the planet and you ask for .... a ham sandwich!!!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
you want hear nothing new from me...

i am a Pam lover so this are my Favourites (not necesserily in this order) :

1. Pam 217
2. Pam 192 - 196
3. Pam 001 - 111
4. Pam 029
5. Pam Slytech Wht face

and the list continues with all the other Pam reps...

regards,
Vladimir

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
narikaa said:
Thats like winning a prize to a world famous hotel where the top chefs from around the world await your command to prepare any dish you desire from the four corners of the planet and you ask for .... a ham sandwich!!!

Yeah, but the option is being told you can only eat 5 meals over and over again for the rest of your life, and choosing 5 nouvelle cuisine dishes.

You need the basics covered, and let's face it, Seamasters and Subs are classics for a reason. Once you have your choice of Omega, Rolex and possibly Palbundi covered, you'll go to IWC and Breitling and then look at ... oh, bugger, no slots left.

Tell you what, Reg, I'll start a new thread just for you. :D

kel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
I want to thank everyone who has posted their list.

For me it's a good way learn what is out there that is considered "nice".

I'm such a noob. I didn't even know Panerai existed until starting to read RWG a short while ago. As such, my favourites are the meat and potatoes variety, but I'm learning there are other meals out there :wink:

For me:

Rolex Black Sub (Have)
Omega SMP (Want)
Rolex Daytona Black face (Have)

Pam 212 ( Want, at least I think I want, I'm still learning about all the nice watches out there )

Pam 192 ( Want, at least I think I want, I'm still learning about all the nice watches out there )

(Of course if I win the 187, that will be an instant favourite :D )

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
My top five reps

OK, here is my list. I don't own them all, but I'm working on it.

1) MBW vintage seadweller. (I'm not sure which one yet)

2) PAM 050 (From Joshua) I never thought I would want one until I tried one on. Then I couldn't get it out of my mind.

3) Rolex Daytona (From Joshua) All I can say is "WOW!!!" I love this watch.

4) Omega Planet Ocean (I have a 4th gen from Andrew on the way. I tried on the real deal, and I had to have one. There is no way I can afford the real one now, so I'm getting the rep).

5) Rolex Submariner, blue two tone. (I have an older version of this watch. The band has solid gold center links. They have lasted and look great. Unfortunately, the crown and the bezel have lost their gold plating. Heck, the plating lasted about 6 years, and I wore that watch damn near daily. One day I'll get the nerve up to take off the bezel and crown, and send them out for plating. I have already changed an insert, so I'm close to being ready to bring this watch back.

Now, all that being said, there are some notable watches that are absent.

6) My Breiting Navitimer Pilot version. Subdials at 6, 9, and 12. This was one of my purchases before I found the forums. The watch is a beauty, and it has an Asian 7750, but it runs like a champ. I was lucky, even if I did pay a bit too much.

7) Omega Seamaster Pro. I own a mid size two tone (blue face) and a full size SS (Blackface and bezel)

8 ) Omega Speedmaster. I own an original. It's the day/date version with the Valjeux 7751. This watch is accurate to 5 seconds a month!!!!!

9) A Patek Phillip - anyone that is a real excellent rep. I'm close to pulling the triggger on one from Joshua with the Asian movement. Joshua says the watch is a real good rep, and the movement is solid. His word is enough for me.

10) Lat on the list for now: A real nice Brugeot. (I know I spelled it wrong) with a nice heavy gold case, a regulateur movement, and a high quality leather strap with a deployant.

OK, I'm out of words for the moment.

Also, I would have added a Sub LV, but I bought one that arrived DOA, and the dealer (who will remain un-named) is not standing behind the watch. That left a real bad "taste" in my mouth for that model watch.

Here is my PAM050 from Joshua. What a watch!!!!!

PAM001a.jpg

sexypapa

Known Member
17/3/06
MY TOP 5s

PAM 005
PAM 196
PAM 217
Rolex Daytona SS 2-Tone
Omega Speed Master "Moon Watch"

and go on............... :arrow:

TwoTone

15/3/06
EL's TW Best SD
PAM 188 Daylight w/proper sub dials from Josh
Cartier Santos TT genuine Rosegold from EL
Daytona leather strap w/proper sub spacing from EL

Sorry those are my only regular pieces, the rest don't get mush wrist time. On top of those 4 reps I also wear my Gen TT Sub and my Gen Breitling Hercules.

Choices, choices, and more choices...

TT

cris993

Horology Curious
20/3/06
Pam 188 from Josh
Pam 192 from Josh
Pam 188 Panda from Josh
Rolex Double Red SD From WM
Rolex Paul Newman Daytona from Josh

dachshund

Horology Curious
16/3/06
My top five in no particular order:

Seamaster 007 ETA 2892 No longer in production
Seamaster Black 300 Also from old factory (Some say best rep made)
Pam 029 GMT 2893-2
Pam 001 6497
Paul Newman Daytona Poljot 3133, proper subdial function, not as accurate as DW, but has no movement problems.

stangvert

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
here are my favorites

Pam 63 with 2893-2 ETA
pam 111ha with ETA Mov
Rolex TT Blue with swiss ETA

On my list:

Omega - looking for accuracy. Maybe a Planet Ocean, Seamaster 300, Seamaster 007?
Patek - I got the 24 for my wife, now looking for me. Want something that is 99% accurate in look
Thinking of the IWC GST - hold out for a swiss ETA

rmoorez

Known Member
6/4/06
That's real easy...only 5?

• Omega Planet Ocean orange 45mm
    Omega Speedy Broad Arrow Silver
    Omerga Speedy Pro
    Breitling Wings
    Breitling Super Avenger

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Omega SMP Pro Non AC
Blacky PAM 036 + BOB Strap (dead today, 5PM GMT+8)
IWC GST Chrono Ti Black Face
Breitling Chrono Avenger Ti Black Face
PAM 212 Flyback.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
My top 5's

I think top 10 will be more appropriate. Here are my top 5's:

1. MBW 16610 modern Sub - No contest here. The best out there.
2. WM/MBW vintage White SD 1665 - Simply the best.
3. PAM111 - The classic design is still my favorite after 3 years.
4. IWC Titanium GST Chrono - No flaw to speak of. The asian 7750 movement works..!
5. PAM192 - I prefer the two dial chrono better than the Daylight.

I have the new 7750/saphire Arktos coming from EL. Should be arriving anytime now. That may bump one of the above out of the top 5..!!! Or the list shall grow to top 6 instead.

Cheers,