• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liquid Metal with V5PO Strap (mini shoot)

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
I Finally got my V5 PO strap in the mail this week from BaggyPants (Thanks mate!!) Strap went on my Liquid metal without an issue. I can finally wear this watch now without it bothering me. Its not perfect but it looks alot better and is now wearable :)

I was out yesterday with my camera so took a few photos of it.

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Not sure if were allowed to pimp out our own websites on here but I do dabble in photography now and again :)

Thanks.

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
That looks a million times better, mate. The difference is astonishing. Why they didn't just use the existing v.5 bracelet is a complete mystery. Even if it's a different factory, they should have cloned it. I'm glad it has worked for you, and it was a real pleasure dealing with you :)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep lovely pics mate, looks great, I dont know what they did with the original braclet, problem was I think they made the links too thick?, ...was like a cross between a heavy porikaa bracelet and a V5 bracelet. Looks so much better now..

Great pics!

Love the sunburst on this :) :

03.jpg

Dial looks so gen-like in this:

04.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Easy installation? Lug hole line up well?

Beautiful pictures. :)

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
Yep lovely pics mate, looks great, I dont know what they did with the original braclet, problem was I think they made the links too thick?, ...was like a cross between a heavy porikaa bracelet and a V5 bracelet. Looks so much better now..

Great pics!

Love the sunburst on this :) :

Thanks mate!!

Looking at the liquid metal strap it seems they drilled the holes to close to one edge on the last link before the end links, so it stuck out way too far and caused way too much of a gap.

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
Easy installation? Lug hole line up well?

Beautiful pictures. :)

Thank you sir!!

The strap went straight in, no problems aligning or anything. only difference between the two I can see apart from that gap is the liquid metal clasp is slightly longer, everything else looks the same far as I can tell.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Beaut watch and excellent photos,too bad about the original bracelet but an excellent recovery!

ATLninerfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
2/1/13
The V5 doesnt fix it completely, that strap has its own issues, but better than the LM one, email puretime for a V5 strap - $60 they quoted me.

Thanks for the info.

OK, I went with this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WATCH-BAND-...813&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=170756561619&

When it comes in and I put it on I'll post pics. It may be another option for people in the US. I was just going to take the non-branded buckle off and put the branded one on.

Not trying to thread jack, just didn't want to start a new one for the same issue, and possible fix.

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
That link is for the 22mm version. It will not fit the 42mm case. You need a 20mm wide strap.