• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liquid Metal PO 42mm coming soon

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Very stupid question, but these are pictures of the Gen or Rep?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Very stupid question, but these are pictures of the Gen or Rep?

There are no stupid questions. These pics are from the Gen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
FYI, the biggest tell on the rep will likely be the weight. When I tried on the gen Liquid Metal and the new gen ceramic PO, the LM was soooo much lighter due to the construction.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
FYI, the biggest tell on the rep will likely be the weight. When I tried on the gen Liquid Metal and the new gen ceramic PO, the LM was soooo much lighter due to the construction.

Which Liquid Metal did you try on? The one this thread is about or the current one?

greecean

9/10/12

Are you sure that the liquid metal was the only difference?

Are you sure it wasnt the Titanium PO as that is ALOT lighter.

I thought the liquid metal was only the bezel so it shouldnt be that much lighter.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Are you sure that the liquid metal was the only difference?

Are you sure it wasnt the Titanium PO as that is ALOT lighter.

I thought the liquid metal was only the bezel so it shouldnt be that much lighter.

I definitely tried the 42mm Liquidmetal. The caseback had the special black Liquidmetal text printed on it. The titanium one I tried was blue with a sapphire caseback, and the other one had a solid caseback. Both were Liquidmetal models and they weighed much less than the standard 42mm PO. I've lusted for the LM since the first pics came out, so I studied them closely. They had the older Zr02 version as well in the display window, which looked exactly the same, but I didn't bother with it because the dial on the blue one had me mesmerized. I had EVERY version of the Planet Ocean in front of me because I was dangerously close to whipping out the credit card. FWIW this was in the Omega boutique in Venice, Italy this past July.

greecean

9/10/12
I definitely tried the 42mm Liquidmetal. The caseback had the special black Liquidmetal text printed on it. The titanium one I tried was blue with a sapphire caseback, and the other one had a solid caseback. Both were Liquidmetal models and they weighed much less than the standard 42mm PO. I've lusted for the LM since the first pics came out, so I studied them closely. They had the older Zr02 version as well in the display window, which looked exactly the same, but I didn't bother with it because the dial on the blue one had me mesmerized. I had EVERY version of the Planet Ocean in front of me because I was dangerously close to whipping out the credit card. FWIW this was in the Omega boutique in Venice, Italy this past July.

Hmmm, interesting. I recently got a 2500D PO and when i was trying them on in the shop i prefered the look of the 2500's rather than the new 8500's or the liquid metals - i didnt notice the weight difference :p

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Hmmm, interesting. I recently got a 2500D PO and when i was trying them on in the shop i prefered the look of the 2500's rather than the new 8500's or the liquid metals - i didnt notice the weight difference :p

There are only two Liquid Metals.....

3780204_trois_quarts.jpg

&
Omega-Seamaster-2011-15.jpg