• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liftime

Ridece

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/24
What is your experience of how long (period) your rep. has worked properly?

Ridece

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/24
My first rep was a datejust that i bought from a "TD":cool: on the beach in italy in the early 8o's and it is still running

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I've been into reps since 2000's including many sales back in the actual 2000's, last year I returned to the hobby just to collect.

I am a firm believer that the reason a lot of reps are reported as crapping out is due to 2 main things .............

1) Aside from threads like this, way less folks ever type out positive "reviews".

2) Operator error including ham fistedness, lack of knowledge of mechanical things, i.e. turning backwards during date change phase, leaving crowns loose when swimming, treating crowns / stems like a gorilla, etc etc, or just plain careless, like dropping the fuckers 😉

Personally I've never had one crap out before at least 10 years, by which time they are well worn, so unless there is a sentimental attachment I bin them and replace.

Yes recently I had a 3-4 month old 2813 crap out, but that was entirely my own fault, (lets just say operator error), and in previous years I have dropped the odd few, (usually when pissed) :ROFLMAO:

I have a new Miyota movement coming to replace the 2813 as that wee Sub has a little bit of a silly sentimental value, and is still in VGC (y)