• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
My new favorite. Will post specs in a new thread soon!!!

24610FA1-DAE3-4860-BB9C-A5DA02A64170_zpsvrgoncup.jpg

:drool:

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Thanks Ralphy! How's your GMT build coming along? - looking forward to seeing it !!

Well, I sourced a cartel case with drilled lugs that is supposed to accept a gen dial. I bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of watch maker tools on Amazon, so this week and weekend I will be practicing on a couple cheap models to hone my skills lol and then try to put this baby together.

I will update my thread once I figure out if it will work or not, thanks man!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well, I sourced a cartel case with drilled lugs that is supposed to accept a gen dial. I bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of watch maker tools on Amazon, so this week and weekend I will be practicing on a couple cheap models to hone my skills lol and then try to put this baby together.

I will update my thread once I figure out if it will work or not, thanks man!

Sounds good! - don't hesitate to ask if you need any pointers - the road to my frankens is littered with watches I destroyed... :laugh:

TheHokage

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/6/16

Damage to the cyclops a little bit but it gives it that old, used feel especially since it is a 1970s build.

cazwrx187

Known Member
15/8/15
Upstate NY
New version Cartel 1680 Red Submariner with 4813
Aged WSO insert with Cartel pearl
Bulang and Sons Strap

Next step is to age and reshape case then add slow beat 2813