• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
ec3OzX2.jpg

This is very very nice ...

Reactions: frankfrank

ImageHunter

Known Member
30/5/18
My grandfathers Longines Wittnauer (retirement gift) My father sent it in for service and they changed the dial. I guess it's just a Longines now.

gw_by_frakmaster-dcd4uin.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tempo

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
My grandfathers Longines Wittnauer (retirement gift) My father sent it in for service and they changed the dial. I guess it's just a Longines now.

gw_by_frakmaster-dcd4uin.jpg

Yes unfortunately they do that, they have destroyed many a fine watch by putting new parts on them at their own discretion. It is why I prefer to go to a watchmaker who understands the sentimental value.

It is still a lovely piece to have.

ImageHunter

Known Member
30/5/18
Yes unfortunately they do that, they have destroyed many a fine watch by putting new parts on them at their own discretion. It is why I prefer to go to a watchmaker who understands the sentimental value.

It is still a lovely piece to have.

I am having a hard time finding any information on it. Searching through Google images I have not found one that has both the Longines and Wittnauer on the same dial like this originally had.

inside_by_frakmaster-dcddi1i.jpg

Here are the workings. If anyone can read and or understand what the watchmaker scratched in the backing, I'd be glad to have any info.

lwci.jpg