• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's see your 16610's & 16613's "The 5 digit subs" The last of the best Submariners

Art Vandelay

TC sub hunter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era 🇬🇧
I’m looking to replace the hands on my LV. Match dial in daylight. They glow blue under UV and have poor lume after. Any recommendations from the crew?

Yours is a 2824, right? (BP?)

For hands you could try somewhere like helenarou for mercedes hands - although can't recall if they offer maxi hands?

Even then I don't think you would get a perfect match so maybe a relume is the best option?

Last edited:

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Sillan on Alibaba should have some better matching hands. Other than that you could just relume.

Reactions: Aaafff

Aaafff

Getting To Know The Place
18/7/24
USA
Yours is a 2824, right? (BP?)

For hands you could try somewhere like helenarou for mercedes hands - although can't recall if they offer maxi hands?

Even then I don't think you would get a perfect match so maybe a relume is the best option?
It has been updated with a Swiss 2836, suspect BP, don’t know for sure. I’ll check out helenarou. I know raffles has the maxi hands, both hour and minute. I believe the LV has the regular hour hand. I’ll have to look into relume as it’s not something I’ve done before. Appreciate recs @Art Vandelay!

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
It has been updated with a Swiss 2836, suspect BP, don’t know for sure. I’ll check out helenarou. I know raffles has the maxi hands, both hour and minute. I believe the LV has the regular hour hand. I’ll have to look into relume as it’s not something I’ve done before. Appreciate recs @Art Vandelay!
If you want to go down the relume route, Noctiluma sells a pretty good substitute for C1 Luminova if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg. The pigment is called WG23F.

Reactions: Aaafff

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
hyCcTp.jpeg