• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest NOOB Daytona batch

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17
I was going to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow on this bad boy after reading threads here and across the street. I feel like I'm pretty up to date on Noob's models and dial variants but want to make sure I'm not behind on some breaking news...

Here's where things stand with respect to DIALS only:

1. White 116520 is the best, all-around, out of the box. Second place is the 16500 white dial on ceramic.

2. White 116520 has pretty much resolved the subdial size issue plaguing its previous V1 incarnation. As for the 116500 white, it is pretty darn good, but the subdials are still too big.

3. Print on both have room for improvement, but the V2 has made marked improvements.

4. Black dials aren't up to snuff. Primary issue are the large subdials that continue to plague them.

I'm kind of drawn to the contrast of the 116500 white because of the black ceramic insert, but if I'm going to put a priority on dial accuracy, I'm assuming I should stay the course and ask for the 116520.

Now that I feel like I checked, double-checked, and did all the checks, I'd like to thank everyone for all their research and photos. And for answering this post.

P.S. I know ARF is money with their dials but their movement excludes them from consideration . . . in this one instance.

Last edited: