• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest info on factory crackdowns and holiday in china

DFH

Known Member
9/12/11
Hi Guys!
Just received an email uodate from Angus @ Puretime - regarding the extended Gov't crackdowns on rep factories as well as the Chinese holiday coming up next week that will further delay the processing and shipping of orders. Here is the text of the message:

Quote-
" Information on the Recent Issues on our Turnover Time and Stock Availability

As a lot of you know there have been difficulties in getting stocks of watches, and therefore there have been delays.

I would like to take some time to write down why this is so, in the hope that understanding is achieved and we can all ride out the wave together.

Every year from the 15th of March (and usually lasts for 1 week) China has an Anti-Fraud campaign, where any manufacturer of replica goods is in threat of being located and either penalized or shut down. As I said, this happens every year on the same dates, up until now.

2012’s crackdown has been the worst one yet, with the normal end date of 1 week being bypassed and continued. We have no explanation as to why this is so (the extension of the crackdowns) and because the crackdowns have been extended, we have no prediction of when they may end.

Because of this most of the manufacturers of the watches we sell have either decided to stop production until it is over, or are producing on a limited basis (perhaps running their production line for only 3 days per week, as an example). This means that watches are in very high demand, with the demand outmatching the supply.

Now from the 2nd-5th of April we have a holiday here in China called the Qingming Festival, also known as the “Pure Brightness Festivalâ€, “Clear Bright Festivalâ€, “Ancestors Day†or “Tomb Sweeping Dayâ€, where we honor our ancestors through prayer and the cleaning of their tombs. Here at PureTime we will be observing this festival and will not be in the office until the 6th of April.

The news is that the manufacturers will return to full production also on the 6th of April, although this is not 100% confirmed.

Please do not be alarmed, this will pass, PureTime is safe and that also goes for all of its staffs.

As always during the holiday from the 2nd-5th our LiveChat will be fully operational, 24/7 and in case of an emergency, please feel free to email Francis (my personal assistant) at:

[email protected]

Thanks for reading and I hope this sheds some light on the situation."

End Quote -

Just wanted to share the latest with the RWG crew - strange few weeks we are having... :headdesk:

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Yep, got that email also. It would be nice if I could get another update from the guy I ordered my watch from. He said in stock no delay, but no qc pics or track# after 9 days.

DFH

Known Member
9/12/11
Funny how some dealers are so adversely affected by all that is going on - while others just seem to be doing business as usual. Toro has been awesome - got me my Noob 127 during all of this, and is waiting for the next batch of Noob 243s to come in to complete my pre-order for it. Rochest was a bit slow in getting me the 47mm mini EGI, but I got it. At times like this it all comes down to proactive communication - and some are obviously better at it than others! Good luck!