• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Large O-Ring Source?

marcel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/07
I am trying to find a large o-ring ( 40 mm) to fit the caseback of a PAM Radiomir. I tried Jules Borel but the largest I can find is about 38mm. Does anyone have a source for this? Thanks.

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
PM me exact ID, OD, and section, I may have what you seek.
Offshore

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
They are also sometimes offered at the bay. Maybe thats a good place to start, too.

Great gesture, Offshore!

gmnorris

31/10/07
It's completely unrelated to watches, but McMaster Carr has an enormous selection of o-rings in all shapes and sizes... you just may have to buy a pack of 100! :D but then, a pack of 100 is $5.69.

mcmaster.com

Just a thought... :D

marcel

26/3/07
Thanks for the suggestions all. I went to the bay and bought a bag of 300 different o-rings for $10, hopefully something will work. Let me know if y'all need any caseback o-rings, I think I will be the King of the O-Ring after this. :wink:

watchblog

21/12/07
I know you already have your answer, but just so you know, you can vulcanize neoprene o-rings (stick the ends together) using super-glue. Just purchase the cross-sectional diameter you need, cut it to length and glue the ends together. Believe it or not, it's done that way on some military projects.