• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM616 first shots

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
I actually want this model, and yours looks as close to the Gen that I've seen - http://www.horbiter.com/en/panerai-luminor-submersible-1950-carbotech-sihh-live/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/3/
the "gold" marks from 12-15 look really close to the ones in the link, and the 15/30/45 all look close in color as well - the blue looks too light in your pics, but who knows who will get the perfect color right? Also, the hash marks from 12-15 look a lot thicker on the rep as well

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
One thing I'm curious about is how Panerai is getting away with saying they developed or invented " Carbotech ". Carbon Fiber reinforced with PEEK has been developed and used under other names , even " CarbonTech " for awhile now, in medical grade inventions and hundreds of other manufacturing processes, to develop a stronger form of CF , including Russell Athletics "CarbonTek" football protection gear.

umaxim

13/6/15
jckilla that's the question I also have... they claim that 'space age material' used for the first time in watch making... well it has been on my car breaks for past 10 years, hasn't it? I believe they are referring to Carbotech brand material (having developed a specific CF reinforced with PEEK for PAMs), made by, of course by Carbotech Company. There seems to be a more complex process is taking place during the gen carbotech material production, resulting in 4 shades of grey. By the way, the shading and colors of the rep and gen alike will change greatly with a lighting. The dark spots become lite and vise versa. I thought 47 mm watch would get on the way... it is amazingly comfortable and sits just right on my wrist. I also has dinged my oak desk with a side of the bezel, with no damage to the watch - looked under x400. If you are open to new materials, you'll love this watch.
2015-06-29%2016.16.50.jpg

Gavins

Renowned Member
25/9/13
Amazing watch. The haters are those who are stuck in the past and not open to new ideas. Let them stick to their boring 127's and 372's Truly a unique piece. Wear it with pride as I would if I owned one. Really thinking of pulling the trigger.

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
There are several of these videos ( http://youtu.be/B47KJVaMuA4 ) showing what looks like the QC testing check of a few of the Pam 616's ( and other watches ), but in the videos, all the 616's look like V6F ( V2 ) models. They test the hell out of these watches, I really hope these AREN'T the ones we"re getting, ( at least I know where mine is coming from, and looking at the serial #s on the backs in the videos, mine isn't one of them, but I would be kinda bummed if mine was. They spin the date wheel as fast as possible, do the same with the time, just beat it against their hands, etc. even though it may be a rep. I wouldn't treat my watch like they do in the videos, but if they did before hand, it's no wonder our watches don't hold up that long as far as movements are concerned!

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I hope that guy from the video NEVER touch one of my watches!!!!

Sent from my iPad Air 2

freefallrlc

21/6/15
Hmmmm, not really my taste and doesn´t look typically Panerai anymore I think. They are popular für their classic, vintage and simple design. This is too high tech, colorful for my taste, looks more UBoat like.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I really love the 616, and wish there was a 44mm version. The 47mm is way too big for my teeny wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umaxim

13/6/15
i was concerned it would get on the way, but frankly for 47mm it feels way better than a gen omega 38mm I had a while back ;-) Very happy with the watch, but now I want more... cought PAM bug and Bronzo in next for me

I really love the 616, and wish there was a 44mm version. The 47mm is way too big for my teeny wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk