• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KRF Black bay 36

Powerfluff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/21
Here is the KRF v4 bb36:
Hands are off a bit but in some lighting it is hard to tell. In other's its obvious, so I might make my watchmaker re-lume the hands.
Crown tube is too short by 0.5mm which is strange older versions were long.
Bracelet I had some issues with some screws but worked out in the end. But the top link that connects to the endlink is stiff and rubs on the endlink on one side. But I guess that will break in eventually.

Movement is running great near perfect a2824. I do have a gen sw200-1 and I'm thinking of doing a quick swap for smoother winding.

I did a wet test pressure test after pressing down the crystal and bezel. Then greasing the gasket inside the crown tube, in the crown head and caseback and it passed 75meters of depth. Pretty good.

awakiwi

Looking Around
24/12/21
Here is the KRF v4 bb36:
Hands are off a bit but in some lighting it is hard to tell. In other's its obvious, so I might make my watchmaker re-lume the hands.
Crown tube is too short by 0.5mm which is strange older versions were long.
Bracelet I had some issues with some screws but worked out in the end. But the top link that connects to the endlink is stiff and rubs on the endlink on one side. But I guess that will break in eventually.

Movement is running great near perfect a2824. I do have a gen sw200-1 and I'm thinking of doing a quick swap for smoother winding.

I did a wet test pressure test after pressing down the crystal and bezel. Then greasing the gasket inside the crown tube, in the crown head and caseback and it passed 75meters of depth. Pretty good.

Hi. Did you happen to check the lug width by chance? Same as gen 19mm?

seikoshill

Horology Curious
2/12/19
How can this be worse than the previous versions by KRF?
I thought the lume missmatch was almost fixed in v2? v2 and 3 also looked a lot closer to gen considering the crown tube than this.
This does not look like a good rep to me. More like a super cheap knockoff.

Hi. Did you happen to check the lug width by chance? Same as gen 19mm?
Lug width was correct on previous version. perfectly took aftermarket straps made for the gen.