• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

King Rolex watches wow!

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
two days ago I received two Rolex watches a mens daydate TT solid 14kt gold and a womens datejust TT solid 14kt gold and all I can say is wow these are beautiful they are exactly as the pictures on kings web.I also had them check by my local watch dealer and they confirmed that the gold on the band center links,crown and bezel are real 14kt solid gold by doing a gold test with a liquid. I ordered then 10 days ago and I received then in 5 days that is fast shipping. king was very friendly and answered her e-mails with in one day.king is an excellent dealer in customer service and product. see pictures below.. [smilie=wav.gif] ttp://upload4.postimage.org/405926/8cc11b30.jpg[/img][/url]

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
NICE!.....That test they did.....Is that the one where they have to scratch...some gold on a little plate and drop the different liquids on it?....

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
DrmMaster said:
NICE!.....That test they did.....Is that the one where they have to scratch...some gold on a little plate and drop the different liquids on it?....

DrmMaster

Yes it is, they used one link of each of the watches that were removed to fit our wrist and on the crown and bezel they did a little scratch witch you can't even see it to determine the gold.. :wink:

razorfish

Known Member
1/4/06
I love the watches from KING. She is great and I purchased a Daydate SS exactly like yours but without the gold and the weight and feel of it was unreal.

I'm looking into purchasing one of the new Daytona's with the steel case that should be heavy. I'm just trying to figure out if the accuracy on the dial and such are like the real one.

-RaZor

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
that thing is blingatastic.

wonder if he will have a pearlface verson

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Nice DJ's I'm always resitant when it comes to gold and usually go for the SS. I like the TT's but don't want plated gold no matter how thick it is. Glad you got it tested. :D

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
Sub4me

I agree I only like real gold not plate and it looks like that Precious time is not the only one to sale solid gold. when king saids it solid gold believe her.... :wink:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Oh I don't doubt its real gold. I think you have really nice ones there, great choices. I'm considering a TT myself.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I've purchased the exact day date you have pictured and a TT Blue Sub from King and posted a few pictures just over a month ago. The watches more than met my expectations and tested positive for solid gold on the areas she said they would. I have never been disappointed with any watch I have purchased from King. I hope that helps in your decision making process.

razorfish

Known Member
1/4/06
How long does it usually take when you guys buy from KING to reach your house?

ob_1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/06
i like the diamond dialed one, but i have a question:
are the CZ's an immediate dead giveaway of a fake even for those who know nothing about watches?
[smilie=occasion14.gif]

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
ob_1 said:
are the CZ's an immediate dead giveaway of a fake even for those who know nothing about watches?

It all depends whether or not you can pull it off. Do you bag groceries at a shopping center, or are you a VP of a company.

Base retail on a Day Date from an AD is $25K. You can find them, used and older for about $7-10K.

Are you someone that can wear a $10K watch? Then adding the diamonds won't be a problem. Make sure the stones are CZ's and not glass or crystal.

As a daily watch, I switch off between my gen Datejust and my rep Day Date with diamond markers. I also wear two diamond rings and am in a field that allows me to make money. *glee* If you make an ass out of yourself, the watch will too.

Again...if you can pull it off, go for it.

sv

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I like the TT but not real big on the diamond thing but if you like it and can wear wear it why not get it.

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
razorfish said:
How long does it usually take when you guys buy from KING to reach your house?

razorfish I received the watches from King 8 days after I ordered them.... :)

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Not to "whizz" on your campfire...but...>>&g

Scratch testing the surface of a heavily clad gold surface such as gold filled, or RGP is not a conclusive test...To really test gold content of a jewelery piece requires actually penetrating the surface deeply, and testing the entire thickeness....Typically gold filled, for instance has 5% of the piece
(by weight) covered in gold cladding, and a simple scratch test doesn't go that deep...Face it...gold ain't cheap, and these watches are COUNTERFEIT merchandise..I would be VERRRRRY skeptical of any claims of "solid gold" content....
I'm not saying that these watches are not constructed to last a long time befor wearing through, but be wary.... :wink:

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Re: Not to "whizz" on your campfire...but...>&g

frankt8242 said:
Scratch testing the surface of a heavily clad gold surface such as gold filled, or RGP is not a conclusive test...To really test gold content of a jewelery piece requires actually penetrating the surface deeply, and testing the entire thickeness....Typically gold filled, for instance has 5% of the piece
(by weight) covered in gold cladding, and a simple scratch test doesn't go that deep...Face it...gold ain't cheap, and these watches are COUNTERFEIT merchandise..I would be VERRRRRY skeptical of any claims of "solid gold" content....
I'm not saying that these watches are not constructed to last a long time befor wearing through, but be wary.... :wink:

Yup. A really good cladded watch will last a long time, but solid gold is REALLY expensive........figure at least 2-3 grand. To do a proper test, it requires destruction of part of the watch (like a link), or snarfing-up some other part that would make most owners cringe. Not to say that some parts are not solid gold, but it's just really impractical (and not cost-effective) for a rep factory to actually crank out solid gold reps. I wrote a little info-ditty on gold plating a while back, and the quality of gold, the process used, etc. makes all the difference.

But, as I don't have a King watch, I guess you never know, and am not in a position to definitively say it ain't. Just seems extremely improbable.......doesn't make it a bad watch or King a bad dealer, there's clearly SOME 14kt gold on there, and that's always a good thing. Regardless, it's a purdy watch, and she's always been a good, reliable dealer.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Solid gold isn't that expensive.

At under $20 a gramme for pure gold, a solid gold 14k strap will be 58.5% gold, or under $12 per gramme.

A strap weighs ... 30g?

Solid gold 30g strap is well under $400.

PT did a huge proof of this for his two-tone. Let me find it ... here it is: Precious Time Gold Facts