• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JVS 126610 S3235....Fake VSF???

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Yes, vr3235 (Shanghai) adopted in rf, clean and jvs is a VR3135 with modifications to look like a 3235, so it has a standard 3135 power reserve.
The only factory that used Dandong movement, the true 3235 clone, has been vsf.

This is correct. And to add to the answer, pretty much any gen part should be a drop-in replacement for Dandong 3135/3235 (and Daytona 4130) clone movements. Not so for the Shanghai (albeit gen datewheel, crystal etc should work at least).

(Currently thinking if I should bother getting gen balance and balance bridge for my VSF.)

Reactions: Mc Queen

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The crystal looks really good. There are a lot of details that look really good but it’s the crystal that catches my eye.

How’s the lec? Anyone able to take a shot?

This is looking like a pretty solid contender amongst all the anonymous factories.

How is t he bracelet? In my experience, the few vsf models I had, the bracelet looked good but it felt cheap. Some even squeaked. Anyone notice any details with the brackets worth mentioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carrick1

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
The crystal looks really good. There are a lot of details that look really good but it’s the crystal that catches my eye.

How’s the lec? Anyone able to take a shot?

This is looking like a pretty solid contender amongst all the anonymous factories.

How is t he bracelet? In my experience, the few vsf models I had, the bracelet looked good but it felt cheap. Some even squeaked. Anyone notice any details with the brackets worth mentioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best pic I can get:

As for the bracelet, it's one of the strengths of this watch. Very solid and smooth.

Reactions: Hazing

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Sorry but on which picture exactly do you see the blackhole effet ?

The "halo" is the white glow around the cyclops lens. These pics show that effect:

The "black hole" effect is the effect of not seeing the date / dial when you look at the cyclops lens from a medium sideways angle. Instead of seeing the date or dial, all you see is blackness, like you're staring into the void. These pics show that effect:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The "black hole" effect is the effect of not seeing the date / dial when you look at the cyclops lens from a medium sideways angle. Instead of seeing the date or dial, all you see is blackness, like you're staring into the void. These pics show that effect:

That’s not an accurate description. The black hole is created by the absence of a reflection from the surface of the crystal by the AR applied underneath the cyclops.

The pictures on the previous page do not show a black hole effect. This is the black hole effect…

0-F56-ECB8-3463-4431-8272-BA72-EE729839.jpg

Last edited:

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
That’s not an accurate description. The black hole is created by the absence of a reflection from the surface of the crystal by the AR applied underneath the cyclops.

The pictures on the previous page do not show a black hole effect. This is the black hole effect…
I stand corrected and haul down my flag. Thanks for shedding light (pun intended) on this issue.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Sidefact: In chinese language "J" stands for "fake" - so its a Fake-VS(Factory).
I'm not a Chinese speaker, but this got me interested... A little googling suggested that the letter J in Chinese can be represented by the character 杰 or jié which translates back into English as "great" "heroic" "outstanding" or "prominent". It would be doubly awesome if J could be interpreted as both "fake" and "great" in Chinese, because then the name would be poetically on point.