• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Received my new Dopple Chrono Top Gun 3799-01

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
CRAP! The watch started to act funny tonight after I used the chrono and let it ran for a couple of minutes. It then completely stopped. I opened her up and found the clutch spring loose inside...

Argh....

vanquish0000

17/11/12
CRAP! The watch started to act funny tonight after I used the chrono and let it ran for a couple of minutes. It then completely stopped. I opened her up and found the clutch spring loose inside...

Argh....

Mine suddenly stopped, too...I didn't even play with the chrono, need to take it to localsmith tomorrow...hopefully he's able to fix it ://///

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Could this be an option? I would have to restake the hands. It says Day and Date, So I should be good.
What do you guys think?

Valjoux ETA 7750 Movement Swiss Made
13.25 ligne, 17 jewels, Incabloc shock protection, automatic, chrono, day and date at 3 o'clock. The rotor has a nice finish and comes without any name stamped on it. Hand sizes: 120/200/25/20, the lift angle of the balance is 52.
FB-3010NP-17JLS
$349.00
dTme1za.jpg

Ref: http://www.ofrei.com/page240.html

vanquish0000

17/11/12
nicely done!!! mine I took to the store today, the watchsmith said one of the screw or spring was loose and dropped to somewhere in the movement.....he didn't want to fix it for me, guess I will have to go to one of the modders on the forums.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
nicely done!!! mine I took to the store today, the watchsmith said one of the screw or spring was loose and dropped to somewhere in the movement.....he didn't want to fix it for me, guess I will have to go to one of the modders on the forums.

Sounds a lot like what happened to mine! If you have some mechanical skill and a some watch tools, look at my article from the here above post, you probably just have to remove the balance wheel assembly. Make sure to hack the movement by putting in in time setting mode before removing the balance wheel bridge.

vanquish0000

17/11/12
Sounds a lot like what happened to mine! If you have some mechanical skill and a some watch tools, look at my article from the here above post, you probably just have to remove the balance wheel assembly. Make sure to hack the movement by putting in in time setting mode before removing the balance wheel bridge.

Yeah I looked at the article, it was great stuff...but the only problem is that I don't have the tools and I am inexperienced in this....I actually printed out the guide and took it to the localsmith again, however the person just doesn't want to have anything to do with the asian movement I guess. Anyway, I was thinking about getting it serviced by one of the modders on the forum recently, now I really have to take the action, either it is fixable or requires to swap a new movement. Thank you for the info Mirage, will update mine when it is fixed.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
guys guys! i want to order one as well! we can all have one and go together to the park holding hands!

80375111_zps7abf40c2.jpg

PecMan

4/5/09
:lol1: yes ! , dont u remember i was holding ur hand that day?

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Just got mine. 3rd watch. I have a PAM111 V3 and new Planet Ocean. I have to say I was disappointed. Does not feel quite as "real" as my other two. The twelve position triangle is off enough that the chrono will always look off. I will just keep it running. The watch sounds like a spray paint can when I shake it so I expect a problem there. Compared to my other two watches I think this looks like a $200 piece.

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
I bet the adjustment pin on of the chrono clutch is travelling loose in the case. You should fix that soon or else the movement risks of being crapped out.
UdLjcIW.jpg

Ref: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/woohoo-fixed-my-143800

Sorry to hear that yours has a crooked triangle and that you are not satisfied with it. I guess I should try one of these 111 V3 one day!

[Edit] After looking at the chrono engagement mechanism, I would tend not to leave the chrono working at all time. [/Edit]

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Mirage,
Thanks for the detailed response. I am not sure I can fix this my self. I don't know how to open the case back.I do have a close friend who actually makes fine swiss watches so I could ask him. Embarrassed to admit that I am in this shady world! Any other recommendations outside of your diagram would help. Have been able to set chrono by playing it so that it is balanced between 12 and 6 so that no one but me would notice

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
The rotor was floating and I found the small o ring floating under it. Can any one identify? I just removed both for now and the watch seems to work fine

Pratt

24/4/13
Mine is incoming from Ryan

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

may i know where is ryan from ? anyone can point me a link .. sorry for being noobie..

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
The rotor was floating and I found the small o ring floating under it. Can any one identify? I just removed both for now and the watch seems to work fine

Looks like the bearing cage seperated. Did you find micro ball bearings in the movement?

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Looks like the bearing cage seperated. Did you find micro ball bearings in the movement?
I did not find any. How small are they and do I risk further damage if I open the case and shake it upside down to see if they fall out?
Again, the watch works fine and tells good time

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
So you have to manually wind it? If you open her up, just carefully turn her up side down. Ball bearing will fall off if any.

Have you reinstalled the rotor? A pic of the interior of the watch would help.