• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just purchased my first rep!

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
Hi, did you have a good experience with puretime? is it a reliable seller? thank you

He's one of the best. Regardless of this guy's experience, he's super reliable and tries his hardest to make everything right. He has an excellent dealer who's honest. He'll tell you in a skinny minute "this rep has these flaws and you're better off with this one."

Reactions: Pedruino

Pedruino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/18
He's one of the best. Regardless of this guy's experience, he's super reliable and tries his hardest to make everything right. He has an excellent dealer who's honest. He'll tell you in a skinny minute "this rep has these flaws and you're better off with this one."

Thank you!!!

Kane1506

11/9/18
gwbmcse,

I ordered the same one on the 24-25th and they sent me QC pics this am. Looks great so far. Is 5.2s/d good? does this mean its off by 5.2 seconds a day?

Mine was 15s/d I asked them to regulate it and it’s 2 s/d now.

Have you received yet

Sent from the RWI App

Kane1506

11/9/18
Hi, did you have a good experience with puretime? is it a reliable seller? thank you

My watch has not arrived yet however I have have emails every step of the way from first messaging them to when my watch was dispatched. I’m still awaiting the watch arriving which should be by the end of the week but up to now they have been 10/10

Sent from the RWI App

nest1

Known Member
2/9/18
Kane,

Can you tell me about your experience with Jennifer? I too am trying to purchase my first replica. I chose the Daytona Rollie with the ice blue face and the new SA4130 movement (https://puretime.io/daytona-116506-...tion-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html). It's expensive for a replica but after completing the order for $633, my VISA showed being billed for $685.44. When I inquired, she sent this email:

"I am sorry that this overcharge happened to you. This happens because the payment processor we use
to process credit card orders actually only accepts money in our local currency, CNY(RMB).
We have our prices set in $/USD on our website because that is a currency that everyone knows.
So what happens is that there is a currency conversion from your local currency into our currency,
this sometimes results in an excess charge when there are exchange rate fluctuations (money does not go to us)."

This is worrisome because the fee was not listed anywhere on their site or during check out and I used my travel VISA which waves exchanges on my end. I really dont mind paying the extra $50 but I want to make sure this is the norm as I hate to be taken advantage of. I ordered the day before yesterday but still havent seen QC phots which I attribute to one of three reasons: 1. They want to make sure we work out this exchange difference 2. The VISA charge is still pending so they are waiting for it to post 3. They dont have it readily available.

Anyway, if anyone else can shed some light on their practices and this fee, that would be great.

And Kane, sorry to hijack your thread, that's an awesome looking watch.

Don’t worry mate, it’s not their fault but it’s due to the conversion into different currencies. That amount of money will go to the bank (or brokerage system) you used to make the payment.

I will try to explain it in a simple way:
there are different currencies in different areas/systems of the world. In Europe we use Euro, in USA the dollar, in China CNY, etc. And they don’t have the same value!
Example: in this exact moment 1$=0,87€

Now, if your system uses the dollar and you want to buy something in a system that use CNY, you’ll need to convert the amount of money. But it is too difficoult and slowly for you to do so by yourself, so the bank that you use to send the money for the transaction (to buy the watch in this specific case) will do this conversion for you.
At one cost, and this cost is exactly the amount of money that you are referring to. It includes the exange rates (the difference of value between the two currencies) and the exchange fee (the service performed by the bank).

Hope you understood and have clearer ideas now!

Blame your bank and not the TDs, and enjoy your watch

nest1

Known Member
2/9/18
Kane,

Can you tell me about your experience with Jennifer? I too am trying to purchase my first replica. I chose the Daytona Rollie with the ice blue face and the new SA4130 movement (https://puretime.io/daytona-116506-...tion-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html). It's expensive for a replica but after completing the order for $633, my VISA showed being billed for $685.44. When I inquired, she sent this email:

"I am sorry that this overcharge happened to you. This happens because the payment processor we use
to process credit card orders actually only accepts money in our local currency, CNY(RMB).
We have our prices set in $/USD on our website because that is a currency that everyone knows.
So what happens is that there is a currency conversion from your local currency into our currency,
this sometimes results in an excess charge when there are exchange rate fluctuations (money does not go to us)."

This is worrisome because the fee was not listed anywhere on their site or during check out and I used my travel VISA which waves exchanges on my end. I really dont mind paying the extra $50 but I want to make sure this is the norm as I hate to be taken advantage of. I ordered the day before yesterday but still havent seen QC phots which I attribute to one of three reasons: 1. They want to make sure we work out this exchange difference 2. The VISA charge is still pending so they are waiting for it to post 3. They dont have it readily available.

Anyway, if anyone else can shed some light on their practices and this fee, that would be great.

And Kane, sorry to hijack your thread, that's an awesome looking watch.

Don’t worry mate, it’s not their fault but it’s due to the conversion into different currencies. That amount of money will go to the bank (or brokerage system) you used to make the payment.

there are different currencies in different areas/systems of the world. In Europe we use Euro, in USA the dollar, in China CNY, etc. And they don’t have the same value!

Now, if your system uses the dollar and you want to buy something in a system that use CNY, you’ll need to convert the amount of money. But it is too difficoult and slowly for you to do so by yourself, so the bank that you use to send the money for the transaction (to buy the watch in this specific case) will do this conversion for you.

At one cost, and this cost is exactly the amount of money that you are referring to. It includes the exange rates (the difference of value between the two currencies) and the exchange fee (the service performed by the bank).

ChriBe

21/8/16
Well if you don’t want the currency rate f*ck ups it’s best to pay with bitcoins or other cryptos (if they accept). WesternUnion had low to none fees when I used them but the TDs can’t accept it as a payment method anymore due to a new regulatory framework in HK/ China.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Kane1506

11/9/18
I think I lost out on about £9 due to the conversion which I anticipated anyway.

Still awaiting my watch in the post, the last update was on 28/9 to say it was being exported to the uk but not heard anything since.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US

My mistake was confusing fees with exchange rates. My bank waived the fee but there's no way around the exchange rate. In my mind though, a watch posted at $500 should be $500. I understand buying at say 3400 Yaun being about 500 US dollars but how does an exchange rate cause $500 to be $550? That's what makes no sense unless there's a fee on the dealers side which was not disclosed. Either way, received the watch and its beautiful. Since I didnt have to spend $80k for it, no worries.

Reactions: nest1

simplysimo

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/10/17
Congrats for this timepiece, nice! Please, post some pics once you get it. Thx.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Sorry?

Sent from the RWI App

Gains 15 sec per day. That is dial up position.

You might want to ask what it looks like in 1 or 2 other positions (crown down for one). Timegrapher in one position tells you nothing about how accurate the watch will keep time. I've seen shifts of over 10 sec/day from dial up to dial down.