• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Landed! Omega Seamaster NTTD VSF V4

Gary2023

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/23
Toronto, Canada
First post! 👋 I have a few different watches in my collection from rep (franken's) to real pieces, but I really wanted to experience the Omega Seamaster NTTD. I have been contemplating getting the genuine piece for a while but ultimately its just not the right time for me (financially).

The watch just arrived today! A few of my initial impressions; I'am pretty impressed with the quality but the bezel feel and bezel alignment could have been a bit better not to mention the lume that really isn't that great at all. I know this specific version is notorious for the crown stripping so I'am going to try to rotate this into my watch winder as much as possible. I was being realistic and wasn't aiming for perfection (its a rep after all).

With that being said the first thing I did was remove that awful milanese bracelet and swap it onto a nato that I have had for a while and enjoyed on a variety of watches from Tudor to Steinhart's. What do you guys think?

For comparison here's a photo of my GEN SMP 300;

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thanks for your feeback. You're absolutely right about the little things here and there, the watch is a rep but VSF does a great overall job with it.
Good choice on the Nato, enjoy that beauty 👌

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Enjoy your new toy! That SMP looks neat.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

Don't be afraid to post noob questions in the new members area. In doubt, use the flame free zone. If you feel uncomfortable anywhere in the new members area, please reach out to @eBoy or me. Mutual respect is of utmost importance to us. On the other hand, we're grown-ups and are supposed to be able to deal with a bit of irony, don't take it personally, ever, a bit of irony never harmed anyone. If you laugh at jokes, you'll make friends faster.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Gary2023

Gary2023

20/11/23
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for your feeback. You're absolutely right about the little things here and there, the watch is a rep but VSF does a great overall job with it.
Good choice on the Nato, enjoy that beauty 👌
Thank you! as mentioned not expecting perfection but I'am enjoying wearing It! it's going to be my daily driver for a while.

Jieboy

Horology Curious
18/12/23
That NATO is stunning. What in the name of it ?
Also does anyone know the difference between the VSF and VS+ NTTD except from the titanium strap on the VS+?

Platonius

13/9/23
Until VSF fixes the bloody crown guards and the crown stripping issues the entire SMP300 line is a no go for me.

Gary2023

20/11/23
Toronto, Canada
Also does anyone know the difference between the VSF and VS+ NTTD except from the titanium strap on the VS+?

I wasn't aware there was a VS+ version of this watch, I would be interested to know the differences also. Honestly its such an amazing piece its such a totally different watch comported to my GEN Ceramic SMP...It's a watch I would definitely be interested in sourcing a gen version of. (second hand market of course, let someone else eat the depreciation). lol

Gary2023

20/11/23
Toronto, Canada
Until VSF fixes the bloody crown guards and the crown stripping issues the entire SMP300 line is a no go for me.

The crown stripping issue is definitely very real...I have a couple of watch winders that I regularly use for two of my franken Rolex's so I try to keep this piece on a watch winder as much as possible.

Gary2023

20/11/23
Toronto, Canada

Sorry, forgot to mention if you navigate over to Zuludiver you can find this strap there!

Reactions: Jieboy

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21

Platonius

13/9/23
The crown stripping issue is definitely very real...I have a couple of watch winders that I regularly use for two of my franken Rolex's so I try to keep this piece on a watch winder as much as possible.
I bought a VSF Spectre V2 (Currently in route) and I am hoping the crown issue is not as widespread on that release. I'd take a ZF or ORF for the SMP300 though. I have the ZF Tokyo Olympics SMP300.