• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just how do the reputable dealers get their merchandise?

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hello,

Out of pure curiosity, just how do the trusted dealers find the higher quality reps? I am assuming there are several manufactures in China and some make the cheap stuff, and some make the higher quality reps, and everything in between? Is it like a whole bunch of small workshops where everybody sneaks around making them, or are there big manufacturing shops that make them openly, or perhaps both?

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Well there are several factories overthere in china...but last year n early this year..the china govment..raided some of the factories...make life harder for the manufacturing company for rep watches....

so its quite hard to say...to become a dealer..you need to source your stuff...carefully...the good quality one..and the mid one....the lowest...very easy to get...

thats what i think n heard

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Now, I am wondering if their Govt actually cares about the rep business going on and make periodic raids to give the impression they are doing something about it, or if they are going to seriously try to crack down. In that case, high quilty reps could become harder to purchase in the future.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
As of right now the raids are pretty much for show. As the US cry against pirated material gets louder and louder they may actually start to do something. Right now most of the serious complaints are against software, music and movies. In the future? Who knows.

As to your original question, I think there are 2 methods. Some dealers go to the open markets and walk to the vendors there and buy one piece at a time. Other dealers are conected to a factory and purchase all their goods there.

At least this is what I have come to understand.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Roeod4 said:
As to your original question, I think there are 2 methods. Some dealers go to the open markets and walk to the vendors there and buy one piece at a time. Other dealers are conected to a factory and purchase all their goods there.
I hear the word "Distributor" bandied about in passing by some of the dealers. These will be the guys in contact with several factories that deal with the dealers, at a guess.

The reason in the increase in quality in reps isn't, from what I gather, based by our demands, or even our dealers' demands but the demands of these distributors. Say you have two factories making subs, and one improves their sapphire. The distro will go with them over the other ones, meaning very soon they all have good sapphires, as they're all vying for the same distributors' coinage.

If one factory made all the reps, we'd be stuck with the cheapest to make, for life. China learns from the US's capitalist ideals very quicky, to the point it annoys the US, in fact. Good old fair, honest competition breeds success and is good for everyone.

ehtolcad

Known Member
19/4/06
so what you're saying is that these (noob) distributors all want to know who has the best sub?