• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just bought, PO is not working

tonymission

10/6/13
Didn't think this needed to be wound... just bought it on m2m and can't get it going doing the usual stuff. Shake, rotating, winding... Am I supposed to be doing something special or did i just buy a dead watch? Seller hasn't responded (yet). Any help is appreciated!

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
How many times did you try rotating the crown? It shouldn't take many revolutions to get it running if its functional.

Try a couple winds and a bit of a shake to get the balance wheel to kick.

ATLninerfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
2/1/13
If none of those three processes work, you might have a dead or service needed movement.

tonymission

10/6/13
How many times did you try rotating the crown? It shouldn't take many revolutions to get it running if its functional.

Try a couple winds and a bit of a shake to get the balance wheel to kick.

Once, four times, 20 times, 40.... tried everything. Im assuming I unlock the clown by rotating counter clockwise... it pops out in first position I wind. Then it's date and time set is third position.

I guess I could get it fixed but what should I do from a buyers perspective? Haven't heard from seller on this... should dudes be selling dead watches and that's ok? What's protocol?

tonymission

10/6/13
If none of those three processes work, you might have a dead or service needed movement.

Luckily my 45.5mm PO is arriving tomorrow. I like this look but 42 is probably not going to work for me. Not after wearing my Fiddy!

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Once, four times, 20 times, 40.... tried everything. Im assuming I unlock the clown by rotating counter clockwise... it pops out in first position I wind. Then it's date and time set is third position.

I guess I could get it fixed but what should I do from a buyers perspective? Haven't heard from seller on this... should dudes be selling dead watches and that's ok? What's protocol?

That sucks. Seems like you did everything possible. I'd just wait for the seller's response.

Was the second hand trying to move at all? Like "twitching."

DocEdelschick

I'm Pretty Popular
15/9/12
Mine actually died on me, but when i opened it up, i noticed a screw in the balance wheel. If you can open the caseback that might be able to put you in the right direction.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Mine actually died on me, but when i opened it up, i noticed a screw in the balance wheel. If you can open the caseback that might be able to put you in the right direction.

Very true. Could've had a bumpy trip to it's destination. I've noticed a lot of reps do not have the screws torqued properly in the movements.

tonymission

10/6/13
That sucks. Seems like you did everything possible. I'd just wait for the seller's response.

Was the second hand trying to move at all? Like "twitching."

Not even thinking about twitching. Dead still. Now when i wind it right next up to my ear it sounds like some gears are moving... just nothing from the second hand at all.

DocEdelschick

I'm Pretty Popular
15/9/12
you prolly have a loose screw somewhere in the movement.. might not be in the balance wheel... but doesnt sound like its a winding problem... try and give it a nice "tap against the palm... see what happens

tonymission

10/6/13
you prolly have a loose screw somewhere in the movement.. might not be in the balance wheel... but doesnt sound like its a winding problem... try and give it a nice "tap against the palm... see what happens

First few times nothing and then I just smacked the shit out of it and now it's working!! Like really slammed it out of frustration. Thanks for the help! I suppose ill have to take this in to get looked at to prevent from happening again if indeed it's a loose screw. ?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Smacking the watch made it work!

:headdesk: =========== :facepalm: ============:beatahorse: :spank:============= :rofl: Ata boy. keep on smacking :rofl: !!!!! I need a drink !

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I have more movements lying around than watches if you decide to abandon ship let me know.

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
+1 on palm smacking. I have an eta rep that likes a little slap to get moving. The shaking, swirling business just makes it yawn.

tonymission

10/6/13
+1 on palm smacking. I have an eta rep that likes a little slap to get moving. The shaking, swirling business just makes it yawn.

So maybe not a screw in there? I don't hear anything rattling. Don't want to act like a pam snob in the omega forum, but it amazes me that smacking the watch gets it moving! :lol:

Very smooth 28800 on the seconds. Nice watch, just think it looks too small on my wrist, what do you guys think? I guess this pic makes it look bigger

hude3yby.jpg

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Watches tend to look bigger in pictures. I say it looks rather good on your wrist.

tracyl

22/4/11
Remember this rule...watches always look bigger from the person viewing your wrist. That is why pics always make the watch look bigger. So if you really want to see what it will looks like, take a pic of yourself in the mirror from 5 ft away.

DocEdelschick

I'm Pretty Popular
15/9/12
Sometimes you need a smaller watch to mix up the collection. Wear it in good health!