• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just bought my first Daytona 116500 from Hont!

WatchFan13

Getting To Know The Place
6/1/23
United States
Hi guys, I am new here. Just bought my first rep (BTF V3 Panda 116500) from Hont.

Still waiting to receive QC pics. Hont gave me an indication that QC time accuracy is slow by around 2-8 secs. So, I assume he has one already available, probably was rejected by someone else.

If end up seeing -8s/d in QC pics should I reject the watch and seek for more something more accurate like +/-2s/d? Or should I still accept it?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi guys, I am new here. Just bought my first rep (BTF V3 Panda 116500) from Hont.

Still waiting to receive QC pics. Hont gave me an indication that QC time accuracy is slow by around 2-8 secs. So, I assume he has one already available, probably was rejected by someone else.

If end up seeing -8s/d in QC pics should I reject the watch and seek for more something more accurate like +/-2s/d? Or should I still accept it?
You are buying a replica Rolex, not a real Rolex. COSC standards are -4 sec to +6 sec off. A replica with +/- 8 sec is good. These replicas are usually tested in one position. Don't put too much stock in the timegrapher results provided by the TDs. Look at your QC photos to make sure you are getting the watch you purchased and make sure there are no significant flaws with the watch such as a scratched crystal or damaged bezel. Relax and enjoy your replica watch for what it is.

Read this article on timegrapher results:

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
hi, as tucker mentioned, if that's the only problem then everything is fine. rest easy and look forward to your new watch (and be patient) :)

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi, welcome to RWI!
This is your second post but I get you've already read around a bit. I suggest, continue reading, especially the sticky threads in the New Members area (which you at least started reading), lots of uesful information and a couple of rules that are good to know and comply to. A good example:

And specifically related to your query:
+8 secs is as good as it gets, don't overthink it. As already suggested, that is a momentary snapshot, timegrapher readings may vary a lot when you get it.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out, @eBoy and I will be happy to assist.
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU

That's well within specs for a rep. Very well, actually. I'd even green light a watch with worse deviation in timing, because it would still be within what's normal for a replica watch that costs 5% of the real thing...

So what if someone rejected it, based on a perfectly acceptable accuracy/performance? Their loss, your gain: No waiting time for you!

WatchFan13

6/1/23
United States
You are buying a replica Rolex, not a real Rolex. COSC standards are -4 sec to +6 sec off. A replica with +/- 8 sec is good. These replicas are usually tested in one position. Don't put too much stock in the timegrapher results provided by the TDs. Look at your QC photos to make sure you are getting the watch you purchased and make sure there are no significant flaws with the watch such as a scratched crystal or damaged bezel. Relax and enjoy your replica watch for what it is.

Thank you. Just wanted to be little careful before making first replica purchase :)

Reactions: Tucker

WatchFan13

6/1/23
United States
Hi, welcome to RWI!
This is your second post but I get you've already read around a bit. I suggest, continue reading, especially the sticky threads in the New Members area (which you at least started reading), lots of uesful information and a couple of rules that are good to know and comply to. A good example:

And specifically related to your query:
+8 secs is as good as it gets, don't overthink it. As already suggested, that is a momentary snapshot, timegrapher readings may vary a lot when you get it.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out, @eBoy and I will be happy to assist.
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com
Thank you for offering your assistance. After going through above QC related links, I have an idea what I should be inspecting in QC pics. Appreciate for sharing those links :)

Reactions: Feefo

WatchFan13

6/1/23
United States
QC pics received. All looks good except the Bezel alignment. 60 and 120 markings look little off. Maybe it is just me or the angel of the pics.

36vh4D.jpg

36vKyY.jpg

Any input experts @eBoy, @Feefo ?

Last edited by a moderator:

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
At 120 it's not immediately visible, only at a second glance. But holy cow, at the top... No man, I would not approve with the TD, which is a shame because everything else seems okay. Except for some of the markers not being 1000% aligned, but not to a degree definitely calling for RL. But the bezel needs to be realigned or the watch returned & replaced if the TD doesn't have a watchmaker on-site ...

Reactions: WatchFan13

WatchFan13

6/1/23
United States
At 120 it's not immediately visible, only at a second glance. But holy cow, at the top... No man, I would not approve with the TD, which is a shame because everything else seems okay. Except for some of the markers not being 1000% aligned, but not to a degree definitely calling for RL. But the bezel needs to be realigned or the watch returned & replaced if the TD doesn't have a watchmaker on-site ...
Thank for prompt reply. Hont confirmed no issues with Bezel alignments. I am waiting for him to share pics from different angel to confirm it.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Thank for prompt reply. Hont confirmed no issues with Bezel alignments. I am waiting for him to share pics from different angel to confirm it.
Wow, really? Hmmm okay. But honestly, from those photos it doesn't look like a camera angle issue, but it's not like that's 100% impossible.

That's what makes photo-based QC so difficult. Images can be very deceiving...

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
But isn’t that an easy fix though? No Daytona expert, but other fix bezel watches you can just pop it off, realign and press tight. Would this work with a Daytona, too?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
just pop it off, realign and press tight.
And then have a little cry because it's made of ceramic, and you didn't apply even pressure, and it snapped.

Which I did... Albeit while trying to get a not-fully-seated one (which was how it came back to me from a watchsmith) fully pressed on, without doing what I should've done - take it off, get it level, then press it back on.

So, be aware... these things are brittle, and fragile when not installed. And you need to use care, and the right tools for removal and installation (various thin bladed tools for removal - I use single sided razors, Stanley blades, caseback knives (all taped), crystal/bezel press and the correct size dies to install).

Last edited:

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
And then have a little cry because it's made of ceramic, and you didn't apply even pressure, and it snapped.

Which I did... Albeit while trying to get a not-fully-seated one (which was how it came back to me from a watchsmith) fully pressed on, without doing what I should've done - take it off, get it level, then press it back on.

So, be aware... these things are brittle, and fragile when not installed. And you need to use care, and the right tools for removal and installation (various thin bladed tools for removal - I use single sided razors, Stanley blades, caseback knives (all taped), crystal/bezel press and the correct size dies to install).
Noted, thanks for pointing out!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
NP - it's always worth considering the potential difficulty of a modification before taking it on. Is it an "easy" DIY job? Or am I going to have to pay someone to fix this for me?

Reactions: WatchFan13

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Well, I’m not a diy person for this kind of stuff yet, making baby steps but really relaxed. This kind of hobby takes to catastrophe without the right tools, so I wouldn’t venture into anything I hadn’t all the (proper quality) equipment for and I hadn’t ever seen doing or tried myself on some sacrifice pieces. So, I would maybe try on a steel bezel, with ceramic as you say it’s another story.