• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just an advice for the new traders

tbandy

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/6/21
USA
Just an advice for the new traders here at RWI Whatever you trade here at the forum, make sure to do it under the rules, DON NOT make any trade under the table cuz you're not going to be protected.
The other day I've made a trade with a guy here via private message
and I got burned, we accorded to trade 2 watches for 2 watches
One of the watches was OK but the other one was a very cheap rep
And not only that, it wasn't working, complete broken.
I've sent him 2 great watches in very good conditions, I know it was
My mistake because I did not went the right way, I should posted the trade and wait to be approved, I am not going to discuss the member name cuz I am not going to start an argue here.
After the deal I contacted him and he said that he does not know or
He wasn't aware that one of the watches was bad and he offered some cash to fix the problem, but he did not sent anything and he does not responded my messages at the end.

I am just writing this post to help protect the newbies to not get
Burned like me.

Cheers

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Not entirely sure what the purpose of your post is tbh.

It's drilled into us ALL to ensure that all sales are posted for approval.

That's not because we, as sales mods, really like all the extra work, but because we, as members, look out for each other.

That's the role of a community & this is an amazing community.

To add some substance, to actually help your fellow members, even though it was 100% your fault, I would still name the member you said you dealt with. Let him/her have their say.

You say you don't want to, that's on you, your call, but without this crucial information, your thread is just stating the obvious.

You circumvented the very simple rules & were burned, it happens every day, it's not breaking news, but does get boring.

Last edited:

tbandy

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/6/21
USA
Hey P..DR..D
The purpose of my post is obviously plain and simple to help protect this wonderful community members
And yes I know is my entire fault, about the guy who I dealt with, he will read the post And if his conscience bothers him, he will Come out of hiding And say something.

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Hey P..DR..D
The purpose of my post is obviously plain and simple to help protect this wonderful community members
And yes I know is my entire fault, about the guy who I dealt with, he will read the post And if his conscience bothers him, he will Come out of hiding And say something.
If you truly want to protect the members, you should let everyone know the members name. If he does it again to someone else, how would they have known to use caution or not deal at all? You would be ok with that? I wouldn't if it were me. 9 times out of 10, these type of people don't have a conscience, and by brushing it under the rug on good faith, you will not only be burned again by being hopeful, but you are further enabling this behavior to continue. Sorry this happened to you man.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Hey P..DR..D

You are two at fault
If you don’t come out with the other party ´s name then you become the only one at fault

Why do you punish yourself this way?

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Tom Cruise Hide GIF

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
Hey P..DR..D
Name him so this post isn’t a complete waste.

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys I’m a jackass who didnt follow the rules, just wanted to let yall know, im not going to name the guy who scammed me, so he can do it again to someone else here, i just wanted everyone to know that i did something dumb, good luck, hope you don’t ever get scammed by this unnamed person, if there only was a way you all could find out who it is to avoid him ….

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I am just writing this post to help protect the newbies to not get
Burned like me.

How are members old timers or newbies supposed to avoid trading with an un-trustworthy person without naming that person ?

I mean, yeah, those of us who have been here a while know not to buy outside of M2M, but still, it's easy enough to make that mistake in the heat of the moment without thinking, even if we are aware of the rules.

Last edited:

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
How are members old timers or newbies supposed to avoid trading with an un-trustworthy person without naming that person ?

I mean, yeah, those of us who have been here a while know not to buy outside of M2M, but still, it's easy enough to make that mistake in the heat of the moment without thinking, even if we are aware of the rules.

at this point, we don't know if "that" person is untrustworthy.
We only have one side of the story.

Last edited: