• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Polaris

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
Has anyone ever seen a Polaris rep anywhere? I'm in love with this watch, but haven't found a rep, only homages on fleebay

jaeger-lecoultre-memovox-tribute-to-polaris-1.jpg

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
None of our trusted dealers or any of the other major dealers got it in their inventory.
So the chance of finding a decent rep of this one is by best VERY slim as of now.

Indeed is a damn fine watch :)
Good find!

/Jiddy

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
cool watch. are those 3 crowns or is one a helium valve?

I don't know, but I'd bet one crown w/ normal function, one rotates the center dial and the other rotates the outer "bezel". Just a guess though.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
I believe one adjusts the time and date, one rotates the bezel. The third one, is to adjust the alarm, indicated by the tiny arrow on the rotatable central dial.

cool watch. are those 3 crowns or is one a helium valve?

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
I believe one adjusts the time and date, one rotates the bezel. The third one, is to adjust the alarm, indicated by the tiny arrow on the rotatable central dial.

Correct.

I've been dreaming of this watch being rep for a while...
But it won't happen...

I was thinking of purchasing this:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380232996443&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
As I so pic of member who had it, but my wife convinced me not to get it as she wants to get me the Longines Legend Divers for my next b-day.
And the LLD is the only other option.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
I've got an LLD (date version though:(... but the need to be practical won through). Excellent watch for the price, really. Very well worth the money. And I guess if you can't have the vintage JLC, this is a pretty good stand-in.

Oh, something else to note bout the LLD - in some of the promo/ publicity pictures, it looks like the minute hand has a bit of a sword shape. In reality, it's just straight....and that was pretty disappointing for me.

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Ive seen reps of the more current master compressor alarm, which has the alarm crown, date/time crown and bezel crown, though the crown positions are 2, 4 and 10 rather than 3.

At trevor's site.

maxlawbr

27/9/06
I have The Longines Legend Diver reedition too, and bought the one Boudart point in ebay.

I've already received the one, and it is on watchsmit to assemble the parts. It is a knockof of a watch, very nice case and dial, and it worth the money spent in it.

Max

maxlawbr

27/9/06
It isn't done yet, but I have a pic of the case.

be449953.jpg

Enjoy.

Max

mattheis

Renowned Member
7/5/07
JLC has some pretty cool divers, I found this a few days ago, beautiful:
Master Compressor Diving Navy Seals

jlcnsauto1.jpg

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
Hi BOUDART, I'd actually like to buy the the watch you posted from Lucawatch; do you have an email address for Lucawatch so I could contact him directly?

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
I've received the kit from Lucawatch, I went with the Miyota option. I've also bought a Hirsh carbon fiber strap to put it on. I can post some pics if anyone's interested. I may start assembly this weekend. I'm not crazy about the "Ranchero" style hands which came with it, but I'm anxious to get it on my wrist. I believe Otto Frei has the correct Polaris style hands which will fit this movement.

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Dude,

Please post some pics, mine is in the watchsmith since then (I'm doing a little mod in the dial) and can't wait anymore.

I chose the the ETA kit because of the hands, that are nearest the Longines Hands.

But with Ranchero hands it will be a stunning watch.

Max