• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD - Where to buy replacement insert & crystal?

gsiguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/13
I got my JLC NSD about a week ago and once it was re-sized, it just got the most wrist time so far of a bunch of watches that came at the same time. Partly because it was not too sporty that it didn't look right peeking out of the cuff of a business shirt, and mostly, because it is so darn nice! Sporty yet elegant.

Well, as luck would have it, on the 1st day of usage, some heavy door swung back as i was getting out and the handle hit the watch hard. Now i have a tiny scratch on the bezel and there seems to be a small line on the edge of the crystal (looks like on the inner surface and not the exterior).

The OCD part of me immediately thought of replacing it (although the sensible part said it doesn't look serious) and i emailed TD to see if i could get replacement part. I got a very curt "we don't sell watch parts" reply...:blue:

So i am wondering, if someone does sell the insert and crystal separately (just in case the OCD bit of me comes out again)...

andre233

1/8/13
If you consider that getting replacement parts for rolex submariners is hard already... I think JLCs are just impossible.. Sorry pal.

gsiguy

29/10/13
I reckon... I've learnt to live with it.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_singapore_293 using Tapatalk

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
sounds like it scratched off some of the AR coating.

I think finding a new crystal will be impossible..

gsiguy

29/10/13
I've given up...

Sent from my RM-821_apac_singapore_293 using Tapatalk

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Get new ar coat on it.

Sent from 1:1 app made with a gen tapatalk as sample.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Abit confuse with the issue, would glad to see any pics if u can show it here :)

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Anyone know if sourcing the bracelet is this tough? I need another one of the rep rubber bracelets...

gsiguy

29/10/13
Gents, i'll try to get pics up as soon as i can. Don't know when i can find time to though...